Forum Discussion

luke67180
New Contributor
2 years ago

not being able to access cox wifi app or browser

I have been trying to access the cox wifi app or wifi.cox.com through the browser. I want to do this so I can access my wifi settings, Including port forwarding. This is what I get when I attempt to access the website. - 

Please Give Us a Call

Sorry, there is a bit more we need to do to get you up and running with Panoramic Wifi. Call us at 1-800-234-3993, and we will get you squared away.

To be clear, I AM able to enter my CORRECT username and password after I enter it displays this message. When I attempt to log into my account on the main cox.com website and the cox app everything works fine. I have been having this problem since I moved in last July and every time I call it's either "the website is down for support" or some other excuse. Only about two weeks ago was I told that this issue has been reported by others and it would be looked into.... two weeks ago after many months. I am tired of having to reexplain my issue with customer service which is why I'm making this post.

Also worth noting is that when I look at "My account" and "manage wifi" on the main cox website it shows this -

It looks like you are using a modem that is not compatible with Panoramic Wifi. Panoramic Wifi is available to customers who rent an eligible gateway. Upgrade Now.

But I definitely have the router that supports cox panoramic wifi because it's the same that I had before I moved here. Technicolor CGM4141 is what I have now and had before. wifi.cox.com and the cox wifi app worked prior to my move. It might be worth noting that there were issues because I had canceled my last account during my move and I don't entirely understand how it was resolved, I think maybe I have a new account number now. But I have wondered if that could be a contributing factor to these issues.

2 Replies

LisaH

Hi IamGnome. If you are having an issue with the Panoramic Wifi app, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator