Forum Discussion

Shirleyy
New Contributor
14 days ago

Using Yahoo Email on iMac Double Emails On Old Emails

I was able to set up Yahoo emails on my iMac mail icon. After everything download onto my iMac mail my messages have doubled. Looking at my emails before I did it are showing a number 2 next to them. When I click on the 2> two of the same emails drops down. When I click on one of them and hit delete to go to trash both disappear leaving one in my inbox. The thing is that email is now blank. I go into trash and add back to inbox. The message appears again but the 2> come back. I now have over 1,000 messages which should only be 500. Has anyone figured out what to do to get messages back to normal?  

3 Replies

• Shirleyy,
    It's difficult to say for sure why this is happening. The only thing I can think of that may be triggering this is to ask if you have set up two accounts and haven't separated the inboxes? If you go into Yahoo Webmail and see there is only one of each email, this may be something like a duplicate account issue you have in iMac.

Shirleyy
      New Contributor

Hi, I figured out the issue. On Yahoo website all my inbox messages that were in my iMac mail from Cox (the old ones that I had before switching to Yahoo) was also in Yahoo email inbox. Once I deleted the old emails from Yahoo inbox the emails that were double/duplicate on my iMac disappeared leaving the old Cox email in my inbox only. My email on my iMac is back to the way it was before moving to Yahoo :-)  Anyone reading this having trouble setting up their email on their iMac following Lyndonb95 message that was posted 2 months in how to do it. The only thing for out going email make sure to use apple.stmp.mail.yahoo.com    

AllisonL

That's fantastic news Shirleyy. I'm glad that you were able to get your issue resolved. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.