Forum Discussion

mementonix
New Contributor
8 months ago

Maintenance

Why is there so much maintenance without proper notice to the customer? How am I supposed to make arrangements for work when all of this scheduled maintenance keeps occurring but Cox won’t notify us. This is ridiculous. Can’t wait for another provider to offer service in our area. 

• Hello, I apologize you have experienced ongoing network issues. Cox values your business, and we want you to have a good and stable connection. I would be happy to provide clarity on the notification situation. We only notify with door hangers if there are "planned daytime outages". Outages such as the one you are in; we do notify but they will occur on the Cox app and cox.com once they have been announced. These outages are not notified ahead of time because not all homes are affected by outages. Sometimes customers are out, sometimes their not and there are intermittent connections as well. It is a grey area when it comes to outages and every home is different. If you need additional assistance, please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you! 

magmartin83
      New Contributor II

That is an unacceptable response and does not answer the question. Regarding the "between midnight and 6am" time frames where scheduled maintenance is taking place, there is NO reason why you can't notify customers so they are aware it might affect them. I mostly use my internet during those hours and it's absurd that I have to resort to using my cellphone for internet. Why am I paying you if it isn't working on such a frequent basis? If you could at least give customers a notice that they might have an interruption, they can know to plan ahead. Furthermore, their bill should be prorated for the days that their service is down. We pay you for our service to be up and running. If you are unable to provide that, just tell us, or compensate us since you've already been paid. For a company that puts out commercials touting their futuristic capabilities, I would think you could master sending a text message to customers when scheduled maintenance will be occurring. There is no excuse. I too look forward to another internet service provider becoming available in our area.

DustinP

Hello magmartin83,
        I know how important it is to be alerted if there should be a maintenance window. The Cox family knows that our customers need notice, especially when many of us are remote workers these days. If you are facing an impact to the service and there isn't a notification of an outage on the Cox App, then we may need to investigate further. We can certainly help review your account for outage credit. To keep your private information out of public view, we ask for you to email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and the URL link to this comment, and we can assist further.