Forum Discussion

3 hours ago

Internet Outages

Why does my internet connection go out multiple times throughout the day!?!? Whenever I call Cox for assistance, they tell me they can send someone out to look at it, but it’ll cost me $75 dollars because I don’t have some sort of protection plan. Protection from what?!?!  I live in a brand new complex, pre-wired for Cox, and Verizon. My equipment was pre installed when I moved in, so if anything is wrong with the equipment? That’s on Cox and the apartment complex who installed/handled the equipment. Furthermore, why am I paying for an internet service I am NOT getting!?!?!? All in all, it’s giving scam and maybe future lawsuit and Cox being put on the “Do not use” list for military personnel in the very near future! This is absolutely unacceptable, horrible service all around and I need answers ASAP!!!!

• Hi,

I apologize for the trouble you are having with our services. We want you to be able to use our internet service without any issues. I will be glad to look into this. If a tech visit is needed to fix the issue, there is no charge for the visit if the issue is determined to be caused by a piece of cox owned equipment or any wiring outside the home. There can be a $75 charge for the tech visit if the problem is caused by a piece of equipment not owned by Cox or the wires inside your home. Please contact us privatly so we can look into the issue you are seeing. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com Please include your name, full street address, and a link to your forum post.

Greg