Forum Discussion

Merlin1995
Visitor
5 hours ago

Constant network outages

This is the second time this year I have had major issues with Cox, their support line is useless asking me to reboot my modem over and over again. My internet will work for maybe three hours in a day and the rest of the time it is completely non-functioning. Last time this happened I had to get 4 techs out and finally one of them escalated the issue and they were able to resolve it for about 8 months. Now my network is down again and the earliest they can get a tech out is next week, I am supposed to be working from home but since I can’t rely on cox to hold up their end of the contract it forces me to drive to work spending extra money that I don’t have. This is unacceptable, I see may others in this forum with issues just like mine and none of us can get the help we need. I am openly calling for a mass report to the attorney general as Cox is not holding up their end of the contract for us all, and support is completely useless and 100% outsourced to other countries, you can’t even get somebody stateside on the phone to explain your issue. I would have swapped long ago if my apartment complex didn’t sign an agreement to only allow cox network. Has anybody found a real solution to the issues we have with cox or is it going to take a class action lawsuit to see some movement?

• Hi Merlin1995, thank you for reaching out to the Social Media Team and being a valued Cox family member. I also work from home, so I know how important it is to have reliable internet service. I am happy to help. Please reach out to us through social media: Facebook, X CoxHelp, or email us: cox.help@cox.com. Please include a link to this thread. Thank you for being patient, 

Merlin1995
      Visitor

I have sent an email, and have gotten no response, I need real answers not canned auto replies like this. The issue is upstream from me, I work in IT Networking and can diagnose many many issues alone, but every time you send a tech out they don’t see any issues with the line and just request to reschedule another tech, which I have done many times now with no resolution. Again this is unacceptable.

MichaelJ

Merlin1995, the Cox Social Media TEam answers emails from our customers. I know how frustrating internet issues can be, but we are happy to help. We are online 24/7. Thank you,