Forum Discussion

DNathing
New Contributor
4 months ago
Solved

Large number of Uncorrectables causing internet to be basically unusable.

This is what I have been experiencing for the past few weeks and don't know what's wrong or what could be wrong. I do not have splitters/amplifiers installed and I have replaced the cable that goes from the box of the side of my house to my modem and am still facing the same issues. Sometimes all of the channels except the ones in the 200MHz frequencies become unlocked. Once every 1-2 weeks during the night my connection completely shuts down until the morning when there is only 1 200 MHz channel. If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

• If you have a direct connection then you need a technician. Signal levels are pretty bad. Your SNR should be above 36. When was the last time you had a technician out?

Shaun_A
    4 months ago

WiderMouthOpen, unfortunately we cannot see the signal that is on the outside of the home.  We can see the signal as it hits the modem during a query. A field technician would definitely be needed to check any further.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello there. I am sorry for the service issues you are experiencing. We strive to ensure our service remains reliable and operates properly at all times for our customer's needs. Can you send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? I would like to investigate this issue for you.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

If you have a direct connection then you need a technician. Signal levels are pretty bad. Your SNR should be above 36. When was the last time you had a technician out?

DNathing
    New Contributor

I'd also like to know if I were to get a technician out to fix this what are the chances I will have to pay a fee?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

My question was directed at the moderator. As for charges, there's only one if the problem is inside the house which is unlikely considering you have a direct connection. If you're worried, you can get Cox complete care which covers it.

Shaun_A

WiderMouthOpen, unfortunately we cannot see the signal that is on the outside of the home.  We can see the signal as it hits the modem during a query. A field technician would definitely be needed to check any further.