Forum Discussion

Colaves1
New Contributor
5 years ago

Intermittent internet outages

I have been putting up with intermittent internet outages since the beginning of my subscription to Cox.  It has never been so bad to warrant a complaint, though. However, as I have been working from home for the past six weeks,  it has become severely problematic.  Connection is lost on average 5 times during a 9-hour day.  Sometimes it's only a few minutes, but it is still unacceptable.  I am typing this on my cell phone because my internet is down again and has been so for about an hour now.  I pay too much for an "up to" 100 Mb/s connection to begin with, and considering the unreliability of the service, that statement is 100% accurate.  I just got a "courtesy" email reminding me that my payment is due in seven days with some meaningless COVID-19 PSA.  I am HARDLY enthusiastic about paying it.

6 Replies

EricaW
    Former Moderator
    Hi Colaves1,

I'm very sorry to learn you've had trouble for such a long period, and that you have also been unable to reach support. Please take a moment to email us at cox.help@cox.com with your home address and account name with a link to this forum post for assistance. You may wish to keep the included link or Cox Connect app to check the site for outages anytime. www.cox.com/.../outages.html Additionally, our Facebook and Twitter support are more immediate than the peer-based forums setting. We look forward to hearing from you.

Erica
    Cox Support Forums Moderator