Forum Discussion

Jay5468
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Inconsistent internet for the past 4 months

I’m paying cox $200 a month for Wi-Fi that works maybe half the time? Had technicians out here three different times with next to no changes. Upgraded my modem twice bought new cables and nothing. Any time I call the only thing you guys suggest is sending a tech out and the techs tell me every time that there’s lots of tickets for work on our building that has never been touched except for when I’ve called (over 200 times in this span). The Wi-Fi shuts off constantly every day and every night it goes off for hours at a time with no explanation. On top of all that when the Wi-Fi actually works and runs within 400mbs of what I’m actually paying for there’s a daily service outage it seems. So I can’t use the Wi-Fi regularly and when I get the chance to you guys have issues on your end. I would not like a comment about “message us on twitter or send an email and schedule an appointment” ive done it more than I should’ve had to considering the amount you receive from me. Fort smith Arkansas. 

2 Replies

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Do you have a computer connected via ethernet? If so, is it online, or do you lose all internet access to all devices?

What modem/router are you using, and what are the indicator lights doing when you lose internet on the WiFi?

• Hi Jay5468,

I understand the importance of having reliable service.  We want you to know that your concerns are important to us.  I understand that you do not wish for us to request for you to send us your information, but I would really like an opportunity to look at the tickets in your area and find out why they have not been resolved.  

If i may, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com.

Cox Support Forums Moderator