Forum Discussion

Beengolfn3
New Contributor
10 days ago

Periodic Internet Outages

I have panoramic wifi through cox and am we are constantly having periodic internet outages that last a few minutes.  Two Cox technicians have been to my house to check investigate the problem. They do a thorough search and feel confident they have fixed the problem. However a few hours later, the periodic outages occur again and again and again etc.  I feel confident the techs have done a good job investigating but the problem still exist.  The last tech put in a work request to replace the wiring from the pedestal to my house but that could be several weeks before that happens.  The work order is CUI000016374669.  My question is it possible the modem could be causing these periodic outages. 

Reading some other post, my problem is not unique. Is there a fix that is used on similar problems to mine. 

Thank you and frustrated 

Doug

• Hello Doug. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still unresolved. I am happy that we are taking the next steps towards making sure that everything else is in order. The only time I had personal experience with what you've described was prior to personalizing my WiFi network and allowing time for the firmware to completely update. After those changes, the connection has been great for my family. Others may have a different experience. If you would like for us to take a deeper dive into making sure that we aren't missing something, please email us with a link to this thread at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address so we can investigate further. For other account questions, you can also reach us on Twitter/X at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook. Thank you for choosing Cox for your services and taking the time in researching all possible solutions. 

Beengolfn3
      New Contributor

No one has mentioned that replacing the modem might be a possible solution to my internet issues so I drove to the Cox store yesterday and asked them the question about the modem.  Of course the Cox employing working there are not technicians but they told me to replace it as a possible solution. I took one home,  replaced it, and have not had an internet outages since then. I think I need to give it a few days to say it’s fixed but so far so good.  We will see. Consider it resolved for now.
      The Cox tech said my service cable was old so replacing it is scheduled soon. 

NicholeC

Hi Doug,

I'm glad to hear you may have a solution with the new modem. Sounds like you're set to address the remaining issues with the line. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to email us with your account details. We look forward to having this fully addressed for you soon.

Thank you.