Forum Discussion

jaybuys
New Contributor
10 days ago

Daily Short Outages

I've been having issues for the last few months where my Cox internet connection will just drop without warning for 1-2 minutes. It's especially frustrating when it's during a work Zoom call or an online gaming session.

My cable modem was old, so I replaced it with a brand new Netgear CM2000, but that did not solve the problem. My router is a relatively new Netgear Orbi system. Before I replace that, I thought I'd post here to see if anyone might have any suggestions.  

I've checked the cable modem log files, and every time the connection goes out, I see this message: 

Priority: (Critical (3))
Description: Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;

Is it possible that it's an issue with Cox?

• I've been experiencing the exact same thing. My wifi has had to reboot 12 times in 2 hours! I'm about ready to cancel

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Have you eliminated an electricity issue?  Do your lights flicker?  If you have any devices connected to a battery backup, check it for any recent power blips.

jaybuys
        New Contributor

It's definitely not electrical.  Other things connected to that outlet / circuit are totally fine when it happens. It's something network related but I can't figure out what.

• We can help troubleshoot connection issues, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or X, CoxHelp for assistance, Thank you,