Forum Discussion

Adamg83
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Gigablast. I'm getting consistently occurring latency spikes of 250ms on upload (only while under load)

Its been this way since I moved to my new address(5 months). I've been through 2 top of the line modems. Used 3 seperate PCs to run tests. I went as far as to run a coaxial cable from the ground at the house, to the modem, bypassing all house cables and my xr500 router. 3rd tech came out today. He fixed a bad spot on the downstream side at the pole. No luck on upstream. Problem is still there. My household is streaming only, which this causes a problem for. It also makes online gaming just inaccurate enough to not play anything with confidence. I'm frustrated beyond belief. Any ideas?

• Hi Adam, I'm sorry to know that you're having a frustrating experience with our company. Are you on a hard-wired connection when experiencing these issues? Would you be able to hard-wire a PC or laptop directly to the modem and perform a speed test for us? We recommend using the Cox Internet Speed test tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX. I'd like to see what both your upload and download speeds are. For best results, please clear your cookies and cache, and reboot your laptop or PC prior to performing the speed test. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Adam, I'm sorry to know that you're having a frustrating experience with our company. Are you on a hard-wired connection when experiencing these issues? Would you be able to hard-wire a PC or laptop directly to the modem and perform a speed test for us? We recommend using the Cox Internet Speed test tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX. I'd like to see what both your upload and download speeds are. For best results, please clear your cookies and cache, and reboot your laptop or PC prior to performing the speed test. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Adamg83
      New Contributor

I dont know if what I'm uploading is getting through to you

Adamg83
      New Contributor

I've done all testing hardwired, and with 3 different PCs. A tech helped me last night in determine my snr for upload bonded channels is bad. My db levels for 256 qam upload are 36, 37, 38, 40. My modem(sb8200/cm8200) requires a minimum level of 45 db on upstream for a qam 256. My modem is consistently throwing a code for dynamic range violation. It reports 6 db low.

Adamg83
      New Contributor

I've tried 2 different modems(sb8200,netgear cm1200) with same results. The tech updated my account notes to reflect findings.

BrianM
        If the issue is related to signal strength, that is something a technician would need to come out to the home and diagnose. Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this thread so that we can set up a service call for you.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator