Forum Discussion

Livid_customer
New Contributor
3 years ago

Dishonest service

Has anyone been lied to about their service? I had switched to ATT and was going to cancel Cox. When I called to do so, I was offered a deal (gigablast and unlimited data for $90 per month) to retain my loyalty. The data was very important to me as we are home schooling and I work from home due to my wife going through chemo and the risks of Covid to her. I accepted. Fast forward one month and I am getting hit with data overage charges. I called to have the issue corrected (mistakes happen, I understand) but was told that they would not honor what I was originally told. I asked if they could listen to the original conversation and hear that I was promised the unlimited data as well. They said they are not able to listen and that only the quality department was. I asked to be transferred there and they said that I am not allowed to talk with that department. Convenient. They promised me one thing, I cancelled my previous service based on that promise, then they did not deliver. When I offer an option to prove what I was promised, they were unwilling to cooperate. What good is a quality department if they have no idea if the representative is lying or not and are unwilling to investigate to do so? I am hoping a representative reads this and is able to help me out as no one on the phone seems to care. I only want what I was promised......

3 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Livid Customer,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. We'd like to help. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Update. Customer service just confirmed the last agent lied to keep me as a customer but told me they still can not honor what I was told.....

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello @Livid Customer,

Please reach out to us on one of the other Social Media platforms mentioned, so that we can assist you with this matter. This platform is customer's helping customers. We sincerely want to work with you to resolve this.

Crystal S.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator