Forum Discussion

too_cheap_to_bu
New Contributor II
7 years ago
Solved

Customer Service.

I had a problem with the Scientific Atlanta cable box. I was told I needed to replace it. I then get contour, and additional channels. After finding out the price, I tried to go to a smaller package. I am told by the COX Service Center in Norman, I  CAN NOT go back, as their system will not allow it. Then being stuck with the more EXPENSIVE package, which I DO NOT WANT. I find that the contour box does not record. When I call the Cox service center in NORMAN,OK, I am told, "Well you lost all your recordings when you brought your old box back." The customer service rep then told me, I was stuck with the package, and the box, and to deal with it. When I called to report this issue at the 800 number, the operator just hung up on me. I called back 2 more times and finally got someone who listened to my issues, and then tried to sell me an additional package, which I DID NOT WANT, then informed me that I could just cancel my cox service.

• It continues to amaze me that Cox Communications continues to RIP off the customer by now having TV's only having Cox communications use these digital converters utilizing the cox encryption, WE pay for service to our home and are subsequently subjected to a new fee each month for cable.  This amounts to the MINI boxes that you need for any other connected device in the home..   I asked Cox communications if I could purchase and the representative from Phoenix stated NO, not at this time.  I find it very disturbing that we pay for a service and then have to pay for a box to use this service...this amounts to bait and switch in order to watch TV that we are already being provided and paying for.  Cox my question to you WHY ARE YOU RIPPING US OFF?  This service is provided and now because your company is losing money because folks stopped having phones in their homes you have to make up for lost revenue.  I didn't start the cell phone craze that took money out of your pocket...why do you penalize us for having cable...makes me want o just have internet and send everything back to you and save money that way...is this what your ultimate goal is?  People are doing this and switching to other companies because your company fails in many regards.  Offer a program that we can purchase these boxes that you buy for 10.00 and start being a company that has a good reputation, not one that continues to provide services that stink!!

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi too cheap to buy more,

We want you to enjoy your services. Please know we have many packages available so that our customers can configure the service to meet their needs. Send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name, the service address and your account details so we can help.
    too_cheap_to_bu
    New Contributor II

I have called several times, and even went to the local store. Each time I am told that the package I want is no longer availible and that either accept what they offer, or they can disconnect me.

• Hello too cheap to buy more,

I certainly understand your dilemma, and we truly want to help you out as much as we can. Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name and service address. I am sure we can come up with a solution. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello too cheap to buy more,

The forum message was deleted that had your personal information posted publicly. Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name and service address. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks
    pjchef2000
    New Contributor

It continues to amaze me that Cox Communications continues to RIP off the customer by now having TV's only having Cox communications use these digital converters utilizing the cox encryption, WE pay for service to our home and are subsequently subjected to a new fee each month for cable.  This amounts to the MINI boxes that you need for any other connected device in the home..   I asked Cox communications if I could purchase and the representative from Phoenix stated NO, not at this time.  I find it very disturbing that we pay for a service and then have to pay for a box to use this service...this amounts to bait and switch in order to watch TV that we are already being provided and paying for.  Cox my question to you WHY ARE YOU RIPPING US OFF?  This service is provided and now because your company is losing money because folks stopped having phones in their homes you have to make up for lost revenue.  I didn't start the cell phone craze that took money out of your pocket...why do you penalize us for having cable...makes me want o just have internet and send everything back to you and save money that way...is this what your ultimate goal is?  People are doing this and switching to other companies because your company fails in many regards.  Offer a program that we can purchase these boxes that you buy for 10.00 and start being a company that has a good reputation, not one that continues to provide services that stink!!

• @pjchef2000,

The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator