Forum Discussion

TheHermit
New Contributor
7 years ago

Trouble logging into web mail with both Chrome and Edge

Today was just another typical day trying to log onto my cox email using a web browser. This has been my normal for months.

• Tried to access my cox webmail with Chrome on my tablet and got a message that something has been reset so my email can’t be accessed.
  • Turned on my laptop and clicked on the Cox email icon using Edge. Got a navigation tab with a whirling circle that said “waiting for response”. I waited for a few minutes then tried again. Repeat twice more. Finally got a white page that said “Hmmmm Can’t reach this page.”
  • Switched to Chrome. Clicked on the icon that links me to the login page for my Cox account.
  • Got a blank white page with the words IT WORKS! On the top left. Tried a few more times and got the same results. Tried typing in the URL, then going to Google and clicking a few links. Same results. No possibility of accessing my Cox account or email.
  • Back to Edge. Tried a few more times and finally got the login page for my webmail. After entering my password I got a blank white screen with gray dots oscillating in and out. For the past several months I always get this and have to watch the dots for anywhere from 15 seconds to over a minute.
  • After 25 minutes of trying I finally got my email.
  • Three hours later, logged into my email again with far fewer problems. Just started to read my first message when the email was dropped and I got the white screen saying “Hmmmm Can’t reach this page.”. This is a first and a new low for Cox. I’ve always received this message while trying to log on, not while I’m actually reading the mail.

It took three tries and switching from Edge to Chrome to get to this forum because I kept getting the IT WORKS! Page when I clicked on the link to the forum. This is beyond surreal.

I’ve been a Cox customer for over 15 years. These email problems started suddenly several months ago. Something obviously changed with Cox’s technology and they obviously have no problem with what it does to their customers. But today was the last straw.

Unless I get a rational answer as to why this is happening, once I get my email switched over to another server and all my contacts notified, I’m going to look for another internet provider. I’ve already cut the cord to their bloated cable TV package.

No RepliesBe the first to reply