- I've had my Cox internet for about 5 months now, and only in the last month has this issue appeared. Multiple times a day my internet connection will briefly drop out before reconnecting within about a minute. In between these disconnections I have no issues at all, but they've been happening in the 10s of times per day lately. I tried resetting my router and modem, neither of which had any effect on how often I disconnect. I did ping testing on my router and had sub millisecond responses when I lose my connection, so my router isn't the issue. When I looked on the longs for my modem I noticed that there have been multiple errors that frequently repeat themselves: MDD message timeout; SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing; Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out; The MDD and SYNC messages always happen at the same time, but don't seem to be tied to the T3 time-outs. Both of these two sets of messages coincide with my disconnects. From what searching I've done, T3 timeouts seems to indicate that there's an upstream issue so here's my information on that. Modem: Motorola SB6183 Upstream Bonded Channels Channel | Lock Status | US Channel Type | Channel ID | Symbol Rate | Frequency | Power 1 Locked ATDMA 3 5120 Ksym/sec 28414000 Hz 43.7 dBmV 2 Locked ATDMA 1 2560 Ksym/sec 17154000 Hz 42.3 dBmV 3 Locked ATDMA 2 5120 Ksym/sec 21984000 Hz 42.3 dBmV 4 Locked ATDMA 4 5120 Ksym/sec 34844000 Hz 43.8 dBmV As for cable splits - I have no idea, I live in a multi-unit apartment building. Any advice or help is appreciated, thanks for your time.
- Hello I have notice that my modem is randomly rebooting not every day but maybe once a week type of deal. I check my event logs and noticed since the 4th there have been error popping up surprisingly this is abut the time I noticed issues. I did a hard reset of the modem also called cox to let them know they asked me to replace the router sorry that is just such a typical answer and it drives me nuts. Has anyone had experience with the below errors? Thanks for any help/advise.. Time Priority Description Dec 26 2017 21:01:48 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 26 2017 21:01:48 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 26 2017 20:51:20 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 26 2017 20:51:19 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 26 2017 19:25:45 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 26 2017 19:25:45 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 18 2017 08:58:24 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 17 2017 09:23:35 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 17 2017 09:23:35 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 17 2017 09:21:49 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 17 2017 08:53:20 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 17 2017 08:53:20 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 11 2017 09:50:18 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 11 2017 09:35:05 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 11 2017 09:35:04 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 10 2017 20:41:11 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 10 2017 20:31:18 Warning (5) Auth Reject - No Information Dec 10 2017 20:31:09 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 10 2017 20:31:09 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 10 2017 19:59:22 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 10 2017 19:59:19 Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID Dec 10 2017 19:59:19 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1 Dec 09 2017 22:47:00 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 09 2017 22:29:52 Notice (6) DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-^1/9DD2F20D/126/001 modified Dec 09 2017 12:05:07 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 09 2017 11:59:41 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 09 2017 11:48:26 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 09 2017 11:47:56 Critical (3) Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted Dec 09 2017 11:47:56 Critical (3) Ranging Request Retries exhausted Dec 09 2017 11:47:26 Critical (3) Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted Dec 09 2017 11:47:26 Critical (3) Ranging Request Retries exhausted Dec 09 2017 11:46:26 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 09 2017 11:45:33 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 09 2017 11:45:26 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 09 2017 11:45:05 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 09 2017 11:44:57 Warning (5) Lost MDD Timeout Dec 09 2017 11:44:50 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 04 2017 19:52:12 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 04 2017 19:40:06 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync Dec 04 2017 19:40:05 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Dec 04 2017 19:40:05 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Startup Procedure Procedure Status Comment Acquire Downstream Channel 867000000 Hz Locked Connectivity State Ok Operational Boot State -- -- Configuration File -- -- Security Enabled BPI+ Downstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power SNR Correctables UnCorrectables 1 Locked QAM 256 81 831000000 Hz 5.0 dBmV 38.9 dB 0 0 2 Locked QAM 256 82 837000000 Hz 4.5 dBmV 38.9 dB 1 0 3 Locked QAM 256 83 843000000 Hz 4.5 dBmV 38.9 dB 1 0 4 Locked QAM 256 84 849000000 Hz 5.0 dBmV 40.3 dB 1 0 5 Locked QAM 256 85 855000000 Hz 5.4 dBmV 40.9 dB 1 0 6 Locked QAM 256 86 861000000 Hz 5.1 dBmV 40.3 dB 1 0 7 Locked QAM 256 87 867000000 Hz 5.1 dBmV 40.3 dB 0 0 8 Locked QAM 256 88 873000000 Hz 4.8 dBmV 40.9 dB 1 0 9 Locked QAM 256 121 927000000 Hz 4.6 dBmV 40.3 dB 1 0 10 Locked QAM 256 122 933000000 Hz 4.4 dBmV 40.3 dB 1 0 11 Locked QAM 256 123 939000000 Hz 3.9 dBmV 40.3 dB 0 0 12 Locked QAM 256 124 945000000 Hz 4.4 dBmV 38.9 dB 0 0 13 Locked QAM 256 125 951000000 Hz 5.3 dBmV 40.3 dB 0 0 14 Locked QAM 256 126 957000000 Hz 5.0 dBmV 40.3 dB 0 0 15 Locked QAM 256 127 963000000 Hz 4.5 dBmV 40.3 dB 0 0 16 Locked QAM 256 128 969000000 Hz 4.5 dBmV 40.3 dB 7 0 Upstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power 1 Locked ATDMA 1 2560 Ksym/sec 17600000 Hz 36.5 dBmV 2 Locked ATDMA 2 5120 Ksym/sec 24000000 Hz 36.5 dBmV 3 Locked ATDMA 3 5120 Ksym/sec 30400000 Hz 38.0 dBmV 4 Locked ATDMA 4 5120 Ksym/sec 36800000 Hz 36.5 dBmV Current System Time:Tue Dec 26 21:12:51 2017
- I've had cox bring a brand new modem/router combo, couldn't get over 50gb on the 5ghz and 20 on the 2.4ghz they didn't even do what the webpage describes as the Professional Install (for 75.00). called cox back and they sent out a tech. He rewired everything from outside and inside the the new modem still couldn't get the speeds up to par. Had to take the equipment back to a nearby store. GIVE them cred here as they refunded the 75.00 install fee. BUT we went back to the 100gb service, the speed tests say we are getting the 100gb speeds for file downloads. BUT any web page we try to go to takes forever to load all except google which loads fine. Any other site the speed is like old dialup.It seems to me and I've been in the computer field since 1969 that they are either slowing things down on purpose or their DNS servers can't keep up. since we have been betrayed by our congress and senate and lost net neutrality the speeds are going to get worse bepending on the content you want to download and/or sites to visit, not to mention streaming. COX are you going to send us all emails on which sites/services you intend to slow down? since my neighbor has century link at a whole 14gb line and her web pages load over 6 times faster than your 100gb line The wife and I might as well switch since we are no longer doing online gamming. It would be a real shame to lose a 15 year customer because of slow webpage loading. As to your phone suopport your LV 1 tech's Need real upgrading. The LV 2 are a bit better. one of the last problems we had was super slow everything, LV 1 said our modem was too old and at fault,calld back to talk to another LV 1 they couldn't find the modem as even being online. the LV 2 couldn't help either it too a LV 3 to solve the problem and about 6 hours. 1 week later speeds back down to 20-30 gb. after the above new modem ect. went back to our modem and our 1900ac nethawk router and back to full speed untill the past week or two and download seems fine but webpage resolution dow to dialup speeds. we quit calling them as the fixes if any only last a few weeks then back to the same problems. I wonder if satelite internet might be an alternitive. This is the Phoenix area I'm talking about.
- I'm a Cox customer in Wichita, KS and am using a SB6850 Router. Here's the error log for the about last week: I've read that some of these errors aren't serious but am concerned about the "T-3" errors. Do the "T-3" errors indicate that my internet service is being interrupted?
- Good afternoon. Since the new digital service runs on a docsis 3 modem, I was wondering if I can connect my wireless router to that modem, too? Or do I have to keep it connected to the 'old' docsis 2 modem, that I have had for a while, now? Thank you very much in advance, M
- My plan says I should be getting upwards of 100Mbps download, however I seem to be capping out ~30 or lower on speed tests, and I download at about 3 Mbps from websites and gaming platforms. Is there a way to clear this up or remove the cap from my service?
- I am researching DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems that utilize eMTA (telephony) so I do not have to have a separate device for my Cox Telephone Service. Aside from the Cisco DPQ3212 cable modem, which is Cox certified, I am wondering if there are additional cable modems that Cox will allow to be used, or if other Cox customers are currently using for their Internet/Voice services at home. I have found the following other modems that are not on the Cox "certified cable modem" list, but are DOCSIS 3.0 and do provide eMTA / telephony function that may be used for the Cox Voice Service: Netgear C7100V Arris TG1672G (listed as a "Gateway." What's the difference between a cable modem and a gateway? The data is digital anyway, right? No need to demodulate it to an analog signal anymore). Can anyone confirm if there are additional cable modems or gateways that are not "officially" on the Cox Certified Cable Modem list but are using them without issues? Is anyone using the above modems in their home?
Currently only have 4/8 upstream channels bonded. Cox Tech told me to get 24x8 for Ultimate Internet. What do I do?I am getting the full 300 and most of the time well over that (sometimes up to 450) but my issue is random drops in connectivity. I checked my modem logs and to be honest I have no idea what all the stuff means but I see things like critical and warning and timeouts etc. So thats when I called cox and spoke with support. Truth be told, I don think she had any idea what I was asking about. But I'm willing to bet someone on here does! Any thoughts/advice/help would be very much appreciated!
- I brag about you guys a lot. But enough is enough. Why can't I see which account is using the most data? That's completely stupid. I had Cox for months now, and my usage has always been under 50%. Now all of a sudden, one day I use 339GB of data, and I can't see what device is using the most. I had an ASUS router which could break down the device, but the "top of the line" modem/router cannot do that? This is just dumb. Then one logging in to the modem, there are no logs. Any technical person knows that logs are the first thing you look for. As a "leader" in the digital age, I would imagine that you guys will check logs constantly, but if your PAYING consumers can't, then what's the point? The reason I stopped using my router was because it was getting hot, so I switch to the combo router, but it seems I must go back to the ASUS router and track my data. One of my devices could have went rouge, and I would not know. I'm in IT, so the first thing I check is logs, and since your phone technicians couldn't tell me the "password of the day" I am completely dissatisfied. All I was told is "change your password." IT'S THE DEFAULT PASSWORD ON THE MODEM! If no one else has access to my house then no one should be able to crack a WPA2 password...unless the modem is vulnerable. So please, get this fix, add this feature. It's no used to seeing if a device is connected, I can't do anything about it, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BLOCK THE CONNECTION!!! If I change my password, then I have to change everything, and that's a completely hassle. I do NOT want a credit, I just want to know which device is using data so I can check on it. Because how can I trust YOUR amount, when you can’t PROVE that I used this amount? I’m just so frustrated. I pay $100 a month for the top tier service, and I get treated like I don’t matter.
- I am logged into my Cox account and trying to set up the "My Wifi" settings and I'm being alerted that my modem is 'ineligible'. This modem (the Arris DG2460) was sold to me right in the Cox store- why is it considered ineligible? It's on the list of accepted modems, see below.