- The last few days the contour app will not play channels 53,54,55,56 or 57. I'm in Fairfax County Va. I've tried on my laptop, tablet and brand new Android cell phone. I've even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I've rebooted the modem and router several times. I chatted with Cox and they said there was a problem with the app but didn't know when it would be fixed. Oh.... I've tried multiple other channels and they stream perfectly fine. Any idea as to when this will be fixed ? Thanks.
- So I just got done ordering the contour service - internet plus TV via countour app - about 30 minutes ago. I asked about what it is available on and was told Roku, Firestick, Apple store and Play store. I questioned this as I found on the site that it said it was not available to Roku and Firestick or Apple TV. I was assured that it was available to those (Roku and Firestick but not Apple TV) as that was what the technical department was telling the person that was helping me. Let me clear up something right now - I know the difference between the Countour app and then individual channel apps that can be downloaded. We are talking about the full blown Countour app. After going through the forums here and doing some Googleing, it appears others are being told the same thing and have been told this for a while. Is this coming in 2019 then and it's just a little "stretch of the truth" as it's something being worked on, but almost ready, but not completely ready, but soon..... Is that the thinking? So COX, which is it and why are people being told you can download the Contour app on Roku or Firestick, when in reality you cannot? Is it coming soon? If so when?
- App crashes constantly (multiple times during a single 1 hour long show). DVR looks up and/or becomes unresponsive a few times a month. Just swapped out the DVR today and lost all our recordings, hoping this would resolve the issue. Nope, 2 netflix failures right off the bat. Went to the netflix app on our TV, watched 3 episodes with zero issues. Seriously rethinking why I have this DVR and/or even use the apps. Would save a ton of money and hassles to just cancel the cable service. I can't be the only one.
- So tired of issues with Cox! Recently added an update to my iPad and now my contour app doesn’t want to work. I rebooted the tablet. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothings working! Extremely irritated is not a strong enough for what I am right now.Solved
- It looks like there is something going on with this. I recently updated the Contour app on my iPad and iPhone and now there are new line-items under Saved: Recordings and Scheduled— stuff on my DVR box. Also, the Recently Watched under Saved/For You is populated with DVR recordings. But none of these can be played on the app... yet. Hopefully, they finally flip the switch on these and make it available on the app! Anyone with any kind of information on this? Thanks!
- The last post about this was in 2013. Is this ever going to be added to Contour? Also, the ability to record a show from the app. When I had Comcast all of those features were available with the same interface. I am paying the same as I was for Comcast with less features. When is this coming? It's 2018, people.
- I've been told by sales people and the tech people that viewing shows with the Contour app or watching tv online through thehttps://watchtv.cox.com/ website will not use my Internet data but I can not find written confirmation of this. Can you please provide written confirmation of this. The main reason I went back to TV services is because I was reaching my monthly data usage limit and I don't want to go over by streaming content through the website or the contour app. Is there an app for desktop use?
Why does FOX BUSINESS (and sometimes FOX NEWS) not play audio and video on Contour only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday?Contour App to play tv on the computer will not play Fox Business on weekends, sometimes just the audio will not play for Fox Business channel and sometimes both the audio and video for Fox Business will not play... usually only Friday, Saturday and Sundays.... however CNN will play as will some Food channels at those times on Contour. That makes me think possibly someone who works at Cox Cable is turning off the Fox Business Channel Feed on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. This has happened in various forms for the last month and I need to follow stock market news for work. It is highly annoying. A month ago both Fox News and Fox Business was not working on Contour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but CNN was working on Contour. All of the TV Go channels should work on Contour on the weekends, not randomly losing audio or both audio and picture for some channels.