- I have been having upload issues for months now and have not had steady upload speeds since i upgraded my service. The package i have is 300/30 and the actual speeds sit around 325-300 download to 5-7 upload speeds on speedofme.com the speeds tested on ookla have been false always showing 300/25 upload when its really not. I've had about 5 techs within 3 months saying its a tap issue and schedule maintenance to fix the problem and give it 24-72 hrs to be fixed. As always my upload speed goes up for a day and goes up to 25-30 and then crashes down to 5-7 until i schedule another tech to get it up to the advertised speeds. We have switched modems,tested on other pc's the results come out also to add i never go over the data cap and tested modem for packet loss came up clean.Im thinking my upload speeds are getting throttled i never get a straight answer from a tech or a rep very frustrating. Speed history over the week.
- I have been fighting supposed high data usage. I unplugged all physical cables, and disabled wireless in my router. The only thing connected from Friday Afternoon to Sunday evening was the physical router. According to the Usage Meter for Cox, My usage over this period went from 308 gigs to 465 gigs. I have a D-link DIR-865L that used 157 gigs over 2 days by itself?? BTW I used this same router behind the Cox supplied router, that I never really used, and the usage was fine. When I got rid of the Cox Modem/router junk box and got my own Modem, this usage exploded to the tune of 37 gigs a day average. One day was reportedly 62 gigs in a single day, when I was 600 miles away. My Wi-Fi password is 47 characters long with cap and non-cap, numbers, and symbols. Every machine in the house was scanned with Spybot, Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Malware Bits, Panda, Norton system protection, MacAfee, and Trend Micro. All with negative results. Basically somehow an impossible amount of data usage is being reported on my account that cannot be accounted for. The router, with Wi-Fi disabled, should only check it's online connection to the internet and NTP address polling. All other services are turned off. Cox needs to have a LVL 4 tech support that you can get log files with source and destination MAC addresses so I can compare all MAC addresses in my network. I'm positive they won't, but it would be the smoking gun I need to prove the data usage is not on my end.
- Recently policy changes have made it where Cox is now charging customers for going over the data caps. With the change to this policy, Cox has not adjusted any of the packages' data caps. No rollover, no increases for more expensive packages, no changes whatsoever. This is concerning because users who have premier or ultimate could easily use their entire data cap in 2 days with the speeds they have. Simple things like downloading a hard drive restore from cloud backups following a crash could easily cap a residential user's speeds. Can someone explain why Cox would make this policy change without acknowledging a need to make adjustments to these caps? I'm almost always under the cap but I'm one hard drive crash away from being 200-500gb over which would translate to 40-100$ in charges. This doesn't seem fair.
- I own a computer repair business for over 25yrs,, so just Maybe I might know how to setup my email accounts. Each day 100s of times I get prompted to enter my username and password.. if I hit cancel,, and hit send and receive just 1 second later it works fine.. sometimes I can send and receive 20 times in a row with no issues, but usually within 5 try's I get prompted for my password again.. it happens with my IPhone, my IPAD's, Windows 10 (outlook 2016), thunderbird, and built in windows 10 mail and I see it everyday at my service calls, with my own clients that use cox what is the FIX? Jeff
- I have had Cox since I have moved out of my parent's home in 2005, Tried to move but came right back. Every time I have an issue I try to chat but am always sent to the loyalty department. Chat seems to be useless if all they do is give a number to call. And Loyalty really doesn't treat you like they truly care about how long you have been there. I was told when I got my contract last year that HBO would be free the life of my 24 months but this month I have been hit with the $15.99/mo. not only that I have called to cancel several time and was told different things about the cost to cancel. One minute I am told it is $10/mo (12 months remaining = $120) for the remaining months of the contract and then the loyalty dept tells me it will be well over $200 to cancel. I called in like I usually do to see about getting another promotion so my bill doesn't jump and was told there is nothing that could be done, so pretty much pay the $200 and something to cancel plus the bill I owe, or simply shut up and deal with what I am being charged. This was by the same agent in the loyalty dept. I repeatedly stated I do not need the phone or tv, but still no help. Now All I want is the internet and phone which I found with AT&T will only be $60/mo plus tax, but through Cox it will be close to $120/mo which doesn't save me jack when I am or was paying $45 per month for tv phone and internet. TV you are paying for all commercials, have to subscribe to watch any good movies even with HBO there is nothing. I am disgusted in the service. My internet is always slow and frustrates me so much I hate getting on my computer. AT&T service was far better and I had no problems. Now my bill is $190.18 including the HBO that was suppose to be free and I am being told that what I have is the cheapest! Loyalty customer service not for the customers and I remember now why I cancelled the first time.
- I posted this a couple weeks ago, have received no responses, and discovered it was deleted. So I'm posting it again. Don't delete it again...please solve it. For the past few weeks now, I've been experiencing the infamous & intermittent email send/receive failures, like many other customers in these forums have reported. My system specs: Windows 10 Pro x64 MS Windows Defender active, no other security packages MS Outlook Cox Internet Preferred package with the Cox provided DOCSYS 3.0 NetGear N450 modem/router My issues: For several weeks, my various Cox email accounts have intermittent problems sending or receiving emails through Outlook 2007. When receiving emails, I'll get the Outlook pop-up error window stating: ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Task 'myemailaddress' - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92 or some other error code) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)." ------------------------------------------------------------------- This issue happens consistently, several times a day with all my Cox email accounts...then emails will suddenly work again...then the issue reappears, rinse & repeat...it's an ongoing cycle of working/not working throughout the day for the past few weeks now. I don't bother calling Support about this because they usually blame Outlook and do nothing. It's not an Outlook problem. Everything works great, when it works...then this sudden issue pops once or twice a year, as so many other customers have been reporting. And as mentioned by other customers, Cox somewhat acknowledges that they know about this problem with email and it's been kicked upstairs for a harder look. In the past, I've reset my Outlook settings for the Cox emails, tried different settings and ports according to the Cox email support docs, and even deleted my Cox email account profiles within Outlook and recreated them (in case they were corrupted). Nothing has worked. This happens regularly, so please Cox...don't ask the usual questions about using Webmail, trying another computer, etc. We know, and you know, this has been a persistent, recurring issue with Cox email accounts for many years and these suggestions don't work or fix anything. Usually, Cox Support hems & haws and says they're working on it...or they wrongly blame Outlook...and nothing gets resolved. After repeated complaints to report the issue, they'll usually reset or do something to solve the issue. So I'm adding my issue & complaint here to be resolved also. Please fix this email issues ASAP. Thank you.
- I'm experiencing slow real time upload speeds. The speed test on Cox website have conflicting results. I've had 8 techs out to my house over the last 4 months and the issue has not been resolved. I am experiencing the same exact issues as usernoah82. We are both in Arizona. Here is his thread.http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/5/t/13025.aspx
- I stream games on Twitch.Tv and have been in this apartment for over a year now. I have experienced the usual disconnects due to maintenance, a rogue storm, etc. Starting November 11th, however, every night around 6:00 PM -8:00 PM CST, my connectivity to Twitch takes a dive. Download seems consistent, but Uploads are choppy and drop anywhere from 25 - 80% frames. Initially, I thought this was an OBS encoding/settings issue so I spent the weekend troubleshooting and changing settings with no success. I began checking my hardware for driver updates, put additional memory into my computer, etc. I tried to fix ever issue I could find before moving onto the next step, my internet connection. Using the Twitch Broadband Tester, I got the following results: Prior to November 11th, I saw some minor dropped frames, but even at its worse, the connection never went with more than 10% dropped frames. I usually connect to the Dallas hub, but have tried Chicago and San Fransisco with no improvements. I troubleshot the Twitch connection via their website and staff and everything I keep turning up points to an issue with the ISP Cox. I've run multiple speed tests, (speedtest.net, cox speed test, testmy.net) and the only one that consistently shows a "good connection" is Cox's. I don't know if I can rely on it, because I am sure that my connection to Cox is good (4 techs visiting have confirmed it), but my connection to Twitch.Tv at night drops significantly. (Also experience slower internet over all at night, but Cox's speed test again shows everything's OK.) I've had my modem replaced (a newer Arris modem), had Ingress checked multiple times (all during the morning because us night shifters get NO love from Cox or their technicians). Performed multiple DNS flushes, Modem Resets, Changed the Cables from computer to modem, changed the splitter cable from the TV and Modem, BYPASSED the splitter cable from the TV and modem, updated the modem firmware and have called into tech support so much I have memorized a good chunk of their call center staff. After being told all is good and it was Twitch's fault, I switched over to Youtube Gaming and experienced the exact same problem. A supervisor was sent out during the daytime on 11/7 to test the lines again and found no issues, but sure enough, 6 PM rolls around and my internet tanks. He believes there may be noise intermittent noise in the line during that time frame, but no techs are available to troubleshoot at that time. Called the call center again tonight after experiencing bad connectivity and was told everything is alright. Checked the forums and found that there have been other people experiencing the same/similar issues in other parts of Cox's networks. I need to know what is going on. Please let me know what information you need, will provide it. TL;DR - Cannot stream to Twitch.Tv, Youtube Gaming or Hitbox because of poor connection quality. Send help.
90% + Packet Loss & Rubberbanding, Lag Spikes, connection losses to multiple game servers and streaming clients|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 10.0.1.1 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 0 | 18 | 334 | 0 | | 10.75.168.1 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 7 | 28 | 331 | 9 | | ip68-4-11-184.oc.oc.cox.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 7 | 29 | 350 | 10 | | ip68-4-11-16.oc.oc.cox.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 8 | 27 | 377 | 14 | | 184.108.40.206 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 10 | 33 | 373 | 10 | | xe-7-3-2.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 10 | 34 | 360 | 13 | | 220.127.116.11 - 95 | 600 | 35 | 16343 | 20149 | 22510 | 17372 | | 18.104.22.168 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 13 | 44 | 374 | 18 | | cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 13 | 38 | 368 | 17 | | 22.214.171.124 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 12 | 33 | 316 | 13 | | No response from host - 100 | 600 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Here is a sample of a 20 minute test to a blizzard server while playing overwatch. 95% packet loss to the specific IP. Multiple calls to cox with no resolution. Not even an offer to change my route. I was told that the department in charge of fixing my issue is unreachable by me as a paying customer and as well as the employees of cox not being able to contact this so called department about my problem. Super frustrating that the phone representatives take us paying and knowledgeable customers as idiots and claim that there is nothing they can do to resolve an issue multiple people are having. This is a last chance effort on my part to see if someone is smart enough to help me with this issue as I have been a loyal customer for several years.
- Hi Cox Communications, I’ve been having an absolutely terrible time trying to get a month-long connectivity issue resolved. I wanted to take some time to document the process I’ve gone through with the intent of making you aware of issues inside your tech support processes and hopefully move towards an actual resolution. I’ll plan on sending this post through as many of your different support channels as possible. I intend to give your system a few more chances but beyond that I’m not sure what options you’ve given me other than to switch providers and send out my story/complaint to as many relevant federal/local regulatory bodies, local networks, and consumer advocacy groups as I can to help others avoid this experience. Please see my issue and support history below. Issue Overview: Starting around October 11th I began encountering issues where my connection would drop for anywhere between 10 seconds and a few minutes, occurring at random through the day. Over the last month the length and frequency of these disconnects has increased. My initial research based on the event logs from my modem suggested an infrastructure issue (upstream power fluctuations) at the tap, and later Cox Communications tech calls (see below) have independently confirmed the same after meticulously checking each aspect of the system. I operate a freelance service business in the technology industry from this address, and these issues have drastically interfered with my ability to communicate online with clients. Streaming shows or transferring files are often impossible as well. I’m currently on the $72/month tier. Tech Support Interaction Timeline: Call 1 - Level 1 Support. Standard modem reset and confirmation of issues. Scheduled tech call. Tech 1 - Contractor. Switched out the modem but told me he was unable to do anything else. No improvement in connectivity issues. Call 2 - Level 2 Support. Confirmed issues and went through standard web-based troubleshooting. No resolution and scheduled second tech call. Tech 2 - Contractor. Confirm seeing the issue, and told me he made some “small changes outside” but connectivity issues did not improve. Call 3 - Level 2 Support. Once again confirmed issues and went through standard web-based troubleshooting. No resolution and scheduled third tech call, specifying an in-house tech. Tech 3 - Shirted Tech. Analyzed each part of the connection and came to the conclusion that there was an infrastructure issue at the tap. He created the first maintenance/tap repair team ticket. Maintenance 1 - I didn’t interact directly with this group, but I learned from later support calls that the ticket was “resolved”. Obviously the connectivity issues remained. Call 4 - Level 2 Support. Verified connectivity issues and recommended sending out another tech, as he couldn’t contact the maintenance department directly. Tech 4 - Shirted tech. Came to the same conclusion as the previous shirted tech, with the issue being documented, unresolved, and related to infrastructure issues/issues at the tap. Scheduled another maintenance team ticket. Call 5 - Level 1 Support. Attempted to check on active tickets to see if there was any news. Transferred to another area, which then instantly dropped the call. Maintenance 2 - In the same manor as before, I had no interaction with this group but the ticket was “resolved”. Call 6 - Supervisor. Explained the entire history to a level 1 tech support supervisor. Was told that open tickets were resolved. At this point the supervisor manually contacted the maintenance department, and I was told that I would hear from a supervisor from the maintenance/main line repair team within 48 hours to escalate the issue. This call never came. Call 7 - Disconnected. Spend 20 minutes escalating through tech support levels and repeating the same identity verification processes, only for the system to drop my call before speaking to a level 2 supervisor. Call 8 - Level 2 Support. Once again confirmed the same issues as before, and told me their only option was to send yet another tech out to the address and repeat the same process which has failed me several times before. They mentioned a supervisor being flagged for the call, but I’ve been told that at 3 points now, so we’ll see. Outside of the documented interactions above, the system dropped my calls at least 6 times, several times after being on a lengthy hold. Note: Everyone I’ve interacted with has been very understanding and kind, just ultimately unhelpful. I’ve never raised my voice in any interaction, and have tried to be as patient as possible. Summary: I’d love to continue using Cox as I have been for years, but I’ve invested over 15 hours trying to fix these issues and made no progress for almost a month. My perception at this point is that either the issue resolution process is broken, or that it is a conscious decision on Cox’s part to not resolve the issue because my continued support as a customer doesn’t justify repairs to the infrastructure. (For 3rd party observers, please imagine this scenario with an electric or water company instead). This has truly been the most frustrating service issue resolution process I’ve experienced. I would love to talk to someone outside the standard tech support process to get this fixed and will be monitoring my email and phone in case I get a response. Thanks. T