Forum Discussion

kappa
New Contributor

Perfect download really low upload

I have been having upload issues for months now and have not had steady upload speeds since i upgraded my service. The package i have is 300/30 and the actual speeds sit around 325-300 download to 5-7 upload speeds on speedofme.com the speeds tested on ookla have been false always showing 300/25 upload when its really not. I've had about 5 techs within 3 months saying its a tap issue and schedule maintenance to fix the problem and give it 24-72 hrs to be fixed. As always my upload speed goes up for a day and goes up to 25-30 and then crashes down to 5-7 until i schedule another  tech to get it up to the advertised speeds. We have switched modems,tested on other pc's the results come out also to add i never go over the data cap and tested modem for packet loss came up clean.Im thinking my upload speeds are getting throttled i never get a straight answer from a tech or a rep very frustrating. 

Speed history over the week.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • kappa

I'd like to take a look at the modem. Please send an email to: cox.help@cox.com and include your full address.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    JTH57
    New Contributor

curious as to what modem you are using.

sstack
    New Contributor

I have been having this problem for many years.  Modem replaced, router replaced, cox replaced all the wiring.  No help. One computer gets very erratic Download speeds.  Checked and it runs anywhere from  4mbp to 13 mpb. They check and tell me my readings are great.

Don't know if this has anything to do with this but when streaming movies it is always "Loading:"

I had been paying for 50MBP but only got 15 mbp downlond so I switched to 15 mbp plan which got the same DL speeds as the 50.

• @sstack

Please send us an email with your full address to cox.help@cox.com so we can research this issue further on your behalf.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.