Forum Discussion

MWMoskwa
New Contributor
4 years ago

Is there a fix for the problems with rewind and fast forward functions? It is almost impossible to start and stop at a spot to resume viewing.

Whenever I try and fast forward or rewind through any either live or recorded programs the stop and start times are unpredictable.  It is the most annoying issue I have ever had with cable or satellite systems.  Does anybody have a solution?  Cox, can you fix this?  Today I tried to play back the first round of the Master Golf Tournament by following one player and developed have a migraine and sore fingers for my effort.  I finally gave up.

This is Mickey Mouse and is not in line with the quality I expect from Cox..

Please respond with a solution or a plan to fix the problems.  I would think that this affects every single Cox Countour 2 user and could lead to massive cancellations with cause from thousands of customers.

4 Replies

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your remote. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      ibezdechi
      New Contributor

THis is a ** answer. The whole Contour interface is so clunky and slow. We customers are smarter than you think we are, Sharon. Even all of the SVOD news articles question why Cox bought into XFinity's interface.

bearone2
    Contributor III

cox doesn't control live  event start/stop times!!

Steve_A
    New Contributor III

I’ve had the same or a similar issue.      Sometime when I try to scroll back in time in a live show it instead goes back to the furthest point in time and won’t move from there.    The only fix at that point it to do a reset on the box or power off and on      Been like that for well over a year.    No.   I haven’t swapped out for a new dvr box because that’s not worth the hassle.