Cutting Email Functions but not PRICE!!!
COX has removed these features from their email service WITHOUT compensating for reduced services (including ones for TV service):
- COX does not recognize logging in, sending email, deleting messages etc as "activity" on your email account UNLESS YOU USE THE WEBMAIL INTERFACE!!! (f'ing STUPID!) If you don't use the webmail interface frequently enough they will first deactivate then delete your account THAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR AS PART OF YOUR ISP SERVICE! WTF!!!!
- COX no longer allows sending email from the COMPOSE tab of the WEBMAIL interface. It runs the send progress bar to 10% then tells you there was a server problem.
- COX no longer hosts email interface for support issues such as this. Your only resource is to endure ridiculous holds to get a tech who blames it all on you, your hardware, your software and refuses to do anything unless you schedule a "home visit" (at over $150 a pop) for a tech to "fix" the problem.
NOTE: in 40 years of service, NOT ONCE HAS A TECH THAT COX SENT OUT ACTUALLY DIAGNOSED AND FIXED A PROBLEM!! TV or Internet the routine is the same: cut off, change a connector or two, perhaps replace a short cable from a wall outlet, tell you if that doesn't fix the problem then you need to "upgrade" your TV / router/modem/in-wall cabling.....
1. You are incorrect. If you use a MAIL CLIENT, it's activity on your mail system. I know, I use a mail client only, and all of my email addresses have been working for years without issue.
2. I just logged into webmail and composed and sent an email message without a problem. It works just fine
3. Cox absolutely has tech support, that will verify your email address is functioning fine, and then refer to your software and hardware. since I know for years I haven't used webmail, with the SOLE exception of 3 minutes ago testing on one of my email addresses, if you are having a problem, then yes, I would start with your software/hardware, verify you are on cox network, etc etc.