Back on my Cox October 2020 bill, they announced the following:

=====================

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR COX

PROGRAMMING HD CHANNELS on 1000's

Effective on or after 12/3/2020, we're making it

easier to watch the channels you love. We are

removing the duplicate HD channels on 1000-1950. You can still enjoy the

programming previously on these channels by tuning into the

lower 2 or 3-digit corresponding channel number.

Example: 1010 go to 10 / 1143 go to 143

Your DVR recordings, favorites and parental controls won't be

affected, so you won't have to do a thing.

==================

To this day, this change has not occurred on my end, though I've reset my Cox cable box numerous times since December 2020 to see if it'll update (using both the online reset tool and by unplugging the power & cable lines from the cable box).

In my channel guide, I still have the 2-digit HD channels and the corresponding/duplicate 1000-series HD channels. For example, I have a channel 24 and 1024. If I favorite either channel, both get favorited. I can watch either channel, as I cycle through my favorite channels.

I understood why this duality of channels existed during the years that Cox was transitioning from SD to HD. But according to the Cox announcement on my bill, this condition would be eliminated and shouldn't exist any longer.

So what's going on here and is there a way to resolve it?

Thank you 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Will changing the Guide View to HD Channels only remove the 1000+ channels?

• Hi Neuro2015, the removal of channels 1000-1950 has been delayed. An issue necessitated the delay after the messaging was printed on your monthly statement. A new bill message will be issued once the project proceeds as planned. I apologize for the confusion this has caused! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Neuro2015
        You're welcome. Please reach out to us anytime, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
      bryaninphx
      Valued Contributor

If using a CableCARD in a TiVo, will the 1000's channels still be broadcasting a signal?  Since both channels are  Mapped to the same frequency.

I need to know if I need to change the channel number for all my Season Passes.

Allan
        @Bryaninphz, Any changes that could impact your viewing experience will be communicated via the bill statement prior to those changes. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.