Forum Discussion

LA_Guy
New Contributor
4 years ago

Calls cut off at exactly 30 minutes

Whenever my call length hits 30 minutes the call is automatically cut off. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    LA Guy,

Have you checked to see if this is happening on all the phones in your home at this time? Are you able to get a dial tone once the call disconnects. Would you try a reboot of the modem to see if this resolves this issue as well?

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      SDfamily
      New Contributor

Same thing is happening to us. Tried reboot, still happening, every handset, every call.

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        Do you still happen to have the other phones to try or perhaps another different phone even you can connect?

-Chris
      62rkyle
      New Contributor

My calls cut off randomly but persistently. New Panasonic remotes and still have the same problem as with the old Panasonic set.   Have rebooted the modem but no change  Over $300 per month to cox so should get better service.

SDfamily
    New Contributor

The same thing is happening to us on all of our phones.  I tried the moderator's suggestion of rebooting the modem but it is still happening.  We recently replaced a set of Panasonic phones with another new set of Panasonic phones. That seems to be when the trouble began, but I don't know if that is the cause.

Mz_Lila
    New Contributor

Yes!  My calls drop all the time, almost every call, for the last month. Bought new phones, rebooted the modem many times. Have spoken with tech support, they sent out tech to replace modem and he told me they are having problems with modems, would do no good to put in a new one, as it is happening with those as well. Problem with software and they have no idea when it will be fixed. I need a reliable landline.  Can anyone at Cox address this issue?

Herc
    New Contributor

Same problem here.  It has been going on for about a year.

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello, thank you for reaching out to the Social Media Team. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems with your phone. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    DebbieG
    New Contributor II

OMG! This happens to me too!  Normally talking to my Mom on Sunday’s where are conversation runs longer. I always thought this was happening on her end until I saw this post!  Call always drops between 30-35 minutes.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @DebbieG,

If your calls are dropping make sure that you reset the telephone modem by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. If that does not stop the calls from dropping off then you may need to email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address. That way we can schedule a telephone technician to come out and investigate this issue.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi everyone,

We have found that this is a known issues of calls dropping after 30 minutes if the phone cord is plugged into the incorrect port on the back of the phone modem (Tel 2). If you plug the phone cord into the Tel 1 port of the phone modem, this should correct the issue.

Brian

BrianM
      Make sure that the phone cord that connects to the back of the modem is not connected into the tel2 spot, it should be plugged into tel1. Calls will drop after 30 minutes if plugged into the wrong port.

Brian