Forum Discussion

Ratin
New Contributor
11 months ago

Cox gigablast speed is only 186 mbps

What a scam - you have been charging me 70$ promootional rate and now just charged me 100$ for this ? With Spectrum I would have paid 25$ only for this speed. With T-Mobile home internet 30$

8 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Did you want to troubleshoot? What modem and router do you have? Are you testing wired or wireless?

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Get off WiFi and connect via Ethernet direct to modem. If you have a combo wifi/modem, you should be online, remember to disable the wifi on your device, if you have separate units, remember to power OFF the router, and then powercycle the modem. Test at several sights as they can provide differing results. 

Ratin
      New Contributor

Gigablast is sold as a package which includes the Panaromic wifi modem/router. I have tested many times by powering off and leaving it powered off and then on. The bottom line is its a scam and they need to admit it as such. I want some of my money back cause I think this is not right to charge a hefty pricetag for something they cant possibly provide.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

You are NOT required to use the pano modem. If you want to use your own equipment, then go buy it and use it. Have you even tested your speed using ethernet? Testing over WiFi is inaccurate, no matter if you have thousands of dollars of equipment or rent the pano equipment. If all you want to to is b*tch, then goodbye. If you really want to address the issue, we can help. Your choice., Kvetch or address?

• Mine was 1.2 gbps, 20% faster than my plan then slowly dropped down to 30ish. Now it's zero and they expect me to pay for an invasive tech appointment when it's rom massive wanattacks and my gateway being taken over (hacked) and my devices all infested with a multitude of unknown oroblem causing malware, etc. Those Technicolor gateways ***. I put the original one back on begorr i return it and got instant an message to remove my device, the gateway is being attacked. I've ne:er seen that message or one similar before.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

1. IF your gateway is infected, then swap it out for a modem, and then buy your own router that you will be responsible for, or, swap it for a new gateway and keep kvetching. If your devices are infected, that's your own fault. I have multiple gaming systems, IOT devices, phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and a plex server with 28TB of storage, and not a single one has any malware, or virus on it. 

As for attacks, there will ALWAYS be someone attempting to scan / attack every network IP they can see. Big deal. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

If the gateway stinks so much, why do you use it? Do you have wireless TV boxes or something that requires it?