This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Growing tired of the midnight maintenance window outages. Please start maintenance windows later.

For the past month I've experienced several outages starting at Midnight. Customer service saying they are working on the outage. Always a 4+ hour ETR. Typically the service is restored before the ETR. However, it is still an extended duration 30min-1hr.

Could Cox please considering moving these maintenace windows to 2AM local time instead of midnight. This should provide plenty of time to complete the maintenance window before the next business day begins and be less service affecting for your customers.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Cox_forum_user,

I appreciate your feedback about the maintenance and apologize for the interruptions that you have experienced. We value your loyalty and want you to have service that you can rely on. Much of our planned maintenance is done overnight to help reduce the number of our customers that are impacted; typically between 1 am and 6 am. When planned daytime maintenance is needed, we try to let our customers know at least 2 days prior to the work being done. On rare occasions, planned maintenance needs to be performed with no time for a warning. We also occasionally have unplanned outages caused by things like power outages, someone hitting our equipment, or equipment failure. When this happens, we work as swiftly as possible to make repairs and restore service.

I would like an opportunity to look into why the service is going out before our typical maintenance window. When you have an opportunity, can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, and a link to this thread?

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
Children
No Data