Forum Discussion

nhitz
New Contributor
3 years ago

Random Disconnects, but only night

My internet has been randomly disconnecting but only at night, multiple times per hour. The modem event logs show T3 and occasional T4 timeouts.

I have replaced my CM1000 modem with a Motorola MB8611, as well as replaced my coaxial cable that connects to the street cable. There are no splitters or anything between my modem and the cable that comes from the street. Resetting or rebooting the modem does not fix it. 

Here's some screenshots of my connection and error log:

Downstream

Upstream

Event Log

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? 

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Nhitz,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing intermittent connections. I know how important it is to stay connected, so I can understand your frustration. I want to help by investigating why your service has suffered. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thank you.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    nhitz
    New Contributor

Update:

A second team of technicians came out and had a look at the tap yesterday, they said they uploaded scans and that a bucket truck would be out to work on it in 3-5 days. Today, a bucket truck technician came out and confirmed the previous techs adjusted the power levels and there shouldn't be any more problems. I haven't had any disconnects yet so it's looking good.

Downstream connection 

average SNR shows > 36dB now, previously when it was disconnecting a lot it would show 28dB.