Forum Discussion

johnptd
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Cannot update my settings

All of a sudden I am getting numerous emails regarding posts here which I never participated in. When I go into my settings and try to disable things and click "Save", nothing happens. It seems that all my settings have been reset and I am unable to change them. I have tried three different browsers, all unable to save changes. How do I get this fixed????

JohnD

13 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm stalking you.

The culprit is the Internet Forum (Group).

From your public profile...

30 Sep 2019
    johnptd joined Internet Forum.

bearone2
      Contributor III

thanks, i was getting the emails too, hopefully gone now!!

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I remember this thread.  Was it you trying to create a checklist or something to upload images?  I doubt it was you but somebody around this time got mad at me for participating and "stealing his or her thunder."  Funny time.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III
        I remember this thread.

I remember it too.

Was it you trying to create a checklist or something to upload images?  I doubt it was you

I know you know it was me.  What I don't know is why you want to dredge all that up again a year later.

but somebody around this time got mad at me for participating

I didn't care that you participated in the conversation, if you want to call it that.  But you mostly just provided unsolicited, personal preferences.  You didn't try to help with research or testing.  After I spent a significant amount of  my time researching, testing and documenting "How to: Paste clipboard images and upload files", you used my post to create a version to claim as your own work.  

and "stealing his or her thunder."

I called you on it, but I didn't say anything about "stealing" anybody's "thunder" as you seem to be indicating with the quote marks.

Funny time.

It wasn't funny then and it isn't funny now.

dcomaha
    New Contributor II

Right!!!? Me too, wtf. I could care less about all of this, Cox service is slow and way overpriced. There’s my 2 cents now please remove my email address from the “to” list on here as I don’t care!

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you subscribed as a Member to a Forum Group (TV, Internet, Phone and/or Apps), you'll get spammed.

Subscribing to the Cox Forum (creating an account) is one thing but subscribing to a Group is another.

If you return to your Profile, there should be a Group section.  Unsubscribe.  You can still partake in the Group but I think the biggest thing is you can't upload images.

It's a weird design.

dcomaha
    New Contributor II

Right!!!? Me too, wtf. I could care less about all of this, Cox service is slow and way overpriced. There’s my 2 cents now please remove my email address from the “to” list on here as I don’t care!

mikeinvb
    New Contributor

I'm having this issue too.. a TON of emails just came in and I can't adjust any settings.  I created rules to delete emails from cox-notification@coxforums.com and also marked as spam.  HEY COX, FIX THIS! 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Turn off Forum notifications to stop the emails.   

1. Click the profile icon in the upper right of this page. 
    2. Click Settings menu item.
    3. Click Subscriptions tab.
    4. Click Unsubscribe for each Forum group listed.

You don't need to click "Save".

This will stop notifications in the Forum groups (TV Forum, Internet, Phone, Apps) where "Unsubscribe" was selected.

If you're a member of a Forum group, you may remain in the group without receiving notifications.  This will allow you to continue being able to post images in the Forum groups in which you're a member.

If you would prefer to continue receiving notifications (without the emails), you may retain subscriptions and block email from cox-notification@coxforums.com if your email software provides that option.

• @Johnptd, I did see that you were subscribed to the whole internet forum. I have attempted to remove that from your subscription to see if that would stop the emails. For the others in this thread, I did not see any subscriptions like this. I will report this to our management to see if there is something going on.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator