Forum Discussion

GoblinPackets
New Contributor
4 years ago

Packet Loss / Slow Upload speeds

Friends at Cox,

I am at a loss. In previous posts and conversations, I have gone to great technical lengths to resolve issues with upload speeds. Now I'm trying to gather some information to see if there's something simple I am missing. 

From 2013-2017, I streamed (on multiple platforms) in high quality at roughly 4500 bitrate with crystal clarity. I played games with virtually no lag. College courses and their associated virtual labs, no issues. Everything ran perfectly. I generally had a mid-level data plan running in the 100-200 down and 30 up (advertised). 

After coming back from a 7 month trip I moved down the street and experienced severe packet loss and upload issues. I troubleshooted with Cox reps and coworkers for awhile and never could isolate the issue. I work in networking and work with a range of people with a range of skill sets in networking and couldn't isolate the issue. I swapped out every single piece of hardware from my network card to the modem. Additionally, manipulated every aspect of software from packet manipulation through VPN's that claim to prioritize packets to reduce loss to IP stack manipulators and dozens of YouTube videos that help "fix" the problem. 

After that, I literally moved across the country from the West Coast to the East Coast and ran into the same problem. Routers, modems, cables and even my entire desktop have been swapped out. All routers / modems are highly capable and expensive and rated for this environment. Every single piece of hardware has been replaced and tested methodically and I STILL experience upload issues and packet loss. 

Currently, I'm running "Gigablast" internet. Download speeds range from 300-900 Mbps and upload speeds range from 6-25 Mbps but with packet loss when streaming / uploading. 

If anyone that has been experiencing these issues has found a solution or fix in any capacity I'd love to hear about it or start some dialogue on hardware/software setups and troubleshooting processes involved to see what the issue is. 

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

-Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator