Forum Discussion

ccant
New Contributor
5 years ago

Panoramic wifi AP isolation

I want to connect a Google Home to my internet, but it says I need to disable AP isolation - please help. I have a Panoramic Gateway.

8 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, have you tried factory resetting the Panoramic WiFi modem to see if this resolves the wireless access point error? Also, are the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks separate or do you have one network. Here is an article which discusses band steering technology (one username and password), http://bit.ly/2KFOqKV? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      ccant
      New Contributor

I have factory reset it, which didn't help. I also have separate 2.4 and 5GHz networks, but checked to make sure my Google Home was on the correct one. Any more help would be appreciated

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        Basically this error indicates that the Google Home cannot communicate with the device being used to set it up. If you're using a cell phone to setup the Google Home it will need to be connected to the same network you are setting up the Google Home on in order for them to communicate. AP isolation is unfortunately not a feature of our device so there isn't anything to disable, I suspect this is just a generic error thrown when the devices cannot see each other. I'm not aware of any other customers reporting an issue similar to this so I'm thinking this may be a one off situation of some kind. -Chris