Forum Discussion

RH-V
New Contributor
4 years ago

Netflix app crashes 2-3 times per show I try to stream. Why bother?

App crashes constantly (multiple times during a single 1 hour long show). DVR looks up and/or becomes unresponsive a few times a month.

Just swapped out the DVR today and lost all our recordings, hoping this would resolve the issue. Nope, 2 netflix failures right off the bat.

Went to the netflix app on our TV, watched 3 episodes with zero issues.

Seriously rethinking why I have this DVR and/or even use the apps. Would save a ton of money and hassles to just cancel the cable service.

I can't be the only one.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @RH-V

Sound like the cable box may have a signal issue. Is there a splitter or amp connected to the coax and does Netflix work on any other boxes?

cox.help@cox.com
      RH-V
      New Contributor

"Went to the netflix app on our TV, watched 3 episodes with zero issues."

There are 2 splitters inline where the main cable splits off into the cable modem, then splits off into the master bedroom.

Also when watching netflix in the master off the mini box I do not believe we have issues with netflix up there.

DustinP
        I understand the box swap you continue to face freezing on the Netflix App a few times a month. How long after the box has been reset (unplug the power to the DVR for 20 seconds) does Netflix function before freezing happens?

Dustin
        Cox Forum Support Moderator
    bearone2
    Contributor III

sounds like you're watching netflix on a cell phone, connecting at network speeds, not the same connection used by the tv!!

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I've always said:  If you want to stream, use a device engineered to stream due to the better chipsets.  A cable-box can stream but it's not engineered to stream well.

bearone2
      Contributor III

really, i have 2 different netflix accounts on 2 wifi tv's off the pano unit, both watch netflix, at the same time without any issues!!

well the speed/data plan, with multiple firestick/roku/tv/cell phones/etc, accessing at the same time play a big part in how good netflix works!!

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

What device is actually doing the steaming?