- Cannot watch recorded shows on my iPhone while on my local wifi network! It’s stupid! There’s nothing special about your Panoramic wifi modem/router that allows in network viewing on the Contour app. Cox needs to stop being stupid and allow ALL customers with Contour to replay recorded shows on their devices! I left Cox for 10 years because of their stupidity. Once I leave again, I won’t be back!
- All of a sudden IPad and IPhone aren’t working with Contour. Install of 15.4 occurred and then dreaded error message. TVAPP error message as reported before in updates a year ago. I’ve been on with Cox service and spoken with 5 different people and NO RESOLUTION. I’ve installed and uninstalled countless times. Rebooted countless times. Made sure it’s not backup countless times. Needs a fix so it will operate with 15.4
When will Cox update the Contour app to work on iPad with the new IOS 14.0? The Contour app works with iPhone with IOS 14.0 so, why not the iPad?The app appears to work by displaying all the options normally but goes to a black screen after selecting a program or network. Then eventually stops with the following message: Server Error : : TVAPP-00100. That is followed with the following verbiage: “Sorry, we’re having trouble retrieving this video. If your Internet connection is otherwise working, please try a different channel or program.” However selecting a different channel or program has the same result.
- App crashes constantly (multiple times during a single 1 hour long show). DVR looks up and/or becomes unresponsive a few times a month. Just swapped out the DVR today and lost all our recordings, hoping this would resolve the issue. Nope, 2 netflix failures right off the bat. Went to the netflix app on our TV, watched 3 episodes with zero issues. Seriously rethinking why I have this DVR and/or even use the apps. Would save a ton of money and hassles to just cancel the cable service. I can't be the only one.
- Contour worked with Android 10, but does not appear to work with the Android 11 update, even after removing/reloading the Cox and Cox Contour apps. Tech support indicated nothing could be done, other than to write a ticket for the engineers. Is there a workaround other than going back to Android 10?
- Contour app on in-home wifi says connect to in-home wifi to watch non-TV Go channels. I see that users have had this problem as far back as 6 years ago. I've had this setup working for years. Nothing has changed. IPs are the same, so it is definitely on my in-home wifi. I've restarted, rebooted, reinstalled, reconnected and rewhatevered the bejesus out of this thing. Any other ideas? Please, Cox, just shoot me.
- This morning I lost access to CNN on both the Contour App and online via a web browser. I tried the Contour App on both an iPhone and iPad with no luck although they both worked fine earlier in the day. The actual CNN App itself works as does the CNN channel on both my TV's so it has nothing to do with a subscription issue. The channel list, both on the App and online, no longer show the CNN channel. I called COX support and they had no idea and was of no help. The problem appears to only be with CNN. Please Help!
- It looks like there is something going on with this. I recently updated the Contour app on my iPad and iPhone and now there are new line-items under Saved: Recordings and Scheduled— stuff on my DVR box. Also, the Recently Watched under Saved/For You is populated with DVR recordings. But none of these can be played on the app... yet. Hopefully, they finally flip the switch on these and make it available on the app! Anyone with any kind of information on this? Thanks!
- All of the forum posts I see say that the ability to watch your DVR recordings are not currently available but it is something that is being looked into. How is it 2019 and Cox is one of the few cable companies that doesn't have this feature? Seriously. You provide my internet and cable, I can see the DVR's online, so it's not like you don't know where the box is, and if I can schedule stuff to record, then you can contact them.... so why, WHY is it so hard for you to provide this capability. I travel frequently for work - would be nice to watch my recordings when I'm away... Get with it, Cox. Seriously!
- The last few days the contour app will not play channels 53,54,55,56 or 57. I'm in Fairfax County Va. I've tried on my laptop, tablet and brand new Android cell phone. I've even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I've rebooted the modem and router several times. I chatted with Cox and they said there was a problem with the app but didn't know when it would be fixed. Oh.... I've tried multiple other channels and they stream perfectly fine. Any idea as to when this will be fixed ? Thanks.