Forum Discussion

stever143
New Contributor
10 days ago

Still Can Not Watch Netflix or Paramount +

I posted about a couple of weeks ago that I cannot access my Netflix or my Paramount+ without subscribing through COX.  I spoke to one of the COX Rep and she did not know that COX has changed. She was able to verify it while I was on hold.

So again, Why is COX blocking my access to the other apps that I pay for monthly? I had no issues before the change that was made.

SteveR

• I have the same issue with Paramount Plus, I turned in my old receivers for new ones and all the other apps works except Paramount Plus.  I get an error message saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later".  I rebooted the app, the internet, my Tv and still the same error.  

Does anyone know how to fix this problem???

Thank you

• I am having the same issue with the Paramount Plus app.  I can sign in, pick my show or movie, it spins and spins, then “Error.  Something went wrong. Please try again later”.  Cox Complete Care was NO help.  All of my other apps on my Contour box work just fine. Max works.  Netflix works.  Hulu works.  Prime works.  NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube works.  Paramount Plus logs in, but then spins. The problem is evidently with Cox.  What is the problem???  

SteveA1
      New Contributor III

My issue began on or about 16 Aug so it has been 1 Month.  Cox did reach out to me about a week ago to state they are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution.  This happened about two years ago and it took Cox/Paramount about a month to "update" their programs so they were compatible again.  I am able to use a ROKU stick on my TV and view Paramount Plus or watch it on a computer/tablet.  Best of luck/patience to all of us

• Hi everyone. We're aware of an intermittent issue with access to the Apple TV+ app. We are also aware of an ongoing issue with Paramount+ freezing and buffering.  Teams are working to resolve both of these issues. 

SteveA1
      New Contributor III

Good Evening ColleenD -- thanks for confirming this is a Cox/Apple/Paramount issue and not issues with individual customer's equipment or cabling.  I will continue to check and repost on the various threads where I have posted before

Have a great night

jmmallin
    New Contributor

I just signed up for Paramount + yesterday.  The 50% off from Paramount was too good to pass up.  I have full functionality on the Paramount + app on my iphone and on my pc.  Not so on the Cox Contour box.  Same problems as above.  On the Contour, I can view available shows and put them on my watch list.  When I want to view one, the circle just spins with a gray screen then times out, then it says try again at a later time.  Please Cox, fix this issue. Not being able to watch the movies I paid for on a 65-inch screen with surround speakers is a deal breaker.

rcz58z58
      New Contributor II

I've had the same issue for the 6 weeks I've been using Cox. Most Cox reps won't even acknowledge its a problem.. however, one tech person did say it was an issue they are working.. apparently not very fast.. she did tell me if I have a smart tv, I should be able to bypass the contour box and watch direct from the smart tv.. however, I guess my tv isn't that smart..

SteveA1
    New Contributor III

Thanks for the update -- Beginning around 16 August I lost access to Apple and Paramount through the Cox Contour Box.  After about 2 weeks I am able to access Apple but Paramount + remains an issue.  I can actually sign into the Paramount account using the TV but not through the Internet connection option on the TV.  When signed in, I can see the shows and movie selections at the Main Menu but when I select one to watch, I receive a Message stating the "Content is not Available, try again later"

I followed Cox's troubleshooting advise to reset, reboot, and clear the cache but nothing has worked so far.  Their other suggestion is to replace the Contour Box, but since I have many shows and movies recorded, I am holding off on this option.

I believe my internet connection is OK as Netflix offers a "Check the Internet Connection" function under their Get Help menu option.  Internet Checks are "Green" and the speed on the main Contour Box is about 20 mbps while the repeater box speed is about 50 mbps.  Paramount+ does not work on either box.  I switched the Boxes and the speeds follow with the Boxes so I don't believe it is a cabling issue.

I have a Roku stick and Paramount+ works when I use it.  The Netflix speed on using the ROKU stick is about 130 mbps

I am patiently waiting Cox (or Paramount) to make an Update that resolves this issue 

• stever143, thank you for contacting us. Cox is not blocking access to any 3rd party Apps on Contour. Customers have the ability to log in with their own account information. If you need further assistance, please feel free to email us at Cox.Help@cox.com.

Cox Support Forums Moderator

rcz58z58
      New Contributor II

my paramount plus hasn't worked for the 6 weeks I've had cox.. same problem as others..

stever143
      New Contributor

I realize that Cox is not "blocking" my access but, every time I attempt to access other apps I get a message that I have to contact Cox and subscribe.

So again, I was able to do without any issues before Cox made the change that the Cox customer service rep confirmed. And she did confirm that I needed to go through Cox.