Forum Discussion

Ejyen
New Contributor II
4 years ago

ESPN and other sports channels are glitchy

All channels are okay, but when we turn on espn to watch sporting events, it’s glitchy and stops every couple of seconds...does this happen to anyone else??  We can’t watch sporting events because of the lag and stopping....

65 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I’m having the same issue, my box got rebooted and it seemed to fix it for a few hours but ESPN is glitching every few seconds.

also even if I pause and record the playback is glitchy 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Tonnatime929,

We may need to look further into this issue for you please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    hutchingst
    New Contributor

I've had the same issue for months.  Cox customer service is a nightmare. Just spent 45 minutes on the phone getting escalated etc. only to be cut off before resolution.  Ugh!!!  Hire more customer service agents now!

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Hutchingst,

We definitely want to provide you with the best customer service experience possible. We apologize that your call was disconnected. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Mac_SD
    New Contributor

Horrible ESPN video on live events. Why don’t they fix the problem?

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi Mac SD

Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address, and we can further investigate the issues that you have been having.

Ben S.
    Knot_guilty
    New Contributor

Same problem in Ocala.  Only ESPN/ABC freezes for a split second every 20 seconds or 

so  during live events.  It happens on all the tvs - different models make  no difference. It

has to be a cox issue as all other channels are good and ESPN recorded shows are good.

Almost impossible to watch a game.

Allan
      @Knot Guilty, I recommend sending an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com so we can take a closer look for you. -Allan
    Alanc8237
    New Contributor

Dear Moderator, you are offering nothing here - has the problem ever been fixed for one of your customers?!?  If so, it would be very helpful if you listed one or more solutions that have worked.  Forums are intended to share information and possibly relieve your support team.  Thanks for your consideration...

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your video services. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com.nt personally. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support-Forum Moderator

ZagFan
    New Contributor

Same issue in San Diego, JUST ESPN is the freakin issue here!  Fix it already!!!

ZagFan
    New Contributor

I've had cox cable for 12+ years with fairly decent service and the ESPN lag issue magically appeared several months ago.  If this is not fixed soon, I'm on to Direct TV or another service.  After reading the 50+ comments, I agree that I see nothing from any Cox representative that indicates someone is working on fixing the issue.  I'm not going to waste my time having a tech tell me I need to check if my connections are tight... IT IS JUST THE ESPN BROADCAST NETWORKS!!!   Is their feed substantially weaker than other networks?   Please COX, someone explain what the issue is.  Thanks.   

Gatorfan
      New Contributor

Gainesville, Fla too.  I have Comcast Xfinity in St Augustine (basically same equipment as Contour, just different label) and no problems at all with ESPN,  live or recordings.  Cox Contour is un-watchable for ESPN live football-basketball broadcasts or Contour recordings. From this forum, its obvious that Cox has been aware of the this problem for months and is unable to solve it.  Competence problem or profit decision on their part - who knows.  Been a Cox customer for 27 years but looks like time to cut the cable and get back to enjoying live sports broadcasts....too many other options available to tolerate this.

Oh, and by the way, yes my connections are tight.  Duh...

Allan
      @ZagFan, We can look into this issue for you. Please send us a private message with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    CPsr
    New Contributor

Yes. It is happening to ESPN only. Other people in my neighborhood also are experiencing the same issue. COX "claims" not to be aware of the issue, and informed all of us that they have not had complaints. So frustrating dealing with cable companies. 

Allan
      @CPsr, we can look into this issue for you. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    MYeich
    New Contributor

Yes espnu is not working and tech assistance couldn’t resolve.  I don’t want to pay $75 for a technician to fix what I already pay for

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the Social Media Team. I am sorry you are having difficulties viewing ESPN. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Kenalwine
        New Contributor

We have had the same issue particularly with sports and news. Had a tech come out today to replace the box and still having issues. Winning kick tonight on Monday night football was completely missed, and they can’t get our recordings off the *** cloud when they switched out the box. For the amount of money I pay per month, this shouldn’t be an issue.