Forum Discussion

MadEddie
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Contour 2 Cloud DVR Playback

We upgraded to a Contour 2 system with three boxes just over a year ago. We've had ongoing issues, but in the last couple of month, the issues have worsened. Trying to playback recorded programs is a master class in frustration. We have picture freezes, sound dropouts, or both. More recently, we simply get an error message popping up right in the middle of the program and it crashes out. A technician has come out and said there are issues upstream of the pedestal out in the yard that they were supposed to come look at. Calling back after nothing has changed results in the operator telling us that what I'm describing is a known issue with the Contour 2 and they're working on it. Looking at the forums, it looks like this has been a known problem for quite some time, although the support operator led us to believe it was a recent issue. So what's the real story?  And maybe in the interest of customer satisfaction , Cox could have informed us they know about the issue with our service without wasting our time with service calls? One of the techs put a call on hold saying we were in a gated community when that's not the case. No phone call whatsoever. We were forced to reschedule the tech, even though at the end of the day it turns out there's nothing he can do anyway.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @MadEddie, I know you've spent a lot of time on this already and it's important that we get this picture freezing/dropouts fixed. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern and error message to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this issue further. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Soprano12
      New Contributor II
      • Or, better yet, fix the problems. It's not just their neighborhood. It has to be a problem with the modems. I have multiple issues with my contour. The modem I had before I switched was way better. Had no problems with wi-fi. Switched to contour and now all connections are weaker. Charging hundreds of dollars ars for wireless garbage. I wonder what Centurylink is charging?
        JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Soprano12,

I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your Cox services and like to investigate. Please email your full address and full name to cox.help@cox.com so we can take a look. Also, include a link to this thread.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator