Forum Discussion

mandmdaniels
New Contributor II
4 months ago
Solved

Switching from Contour 2 box to Cloud DVR

I currently have a Contour 2 box with built-in DVR and want to switch to the Cloud DVR service. I have a Cox-compatible Netgear Nighthawk modem/router and Nighthawk Mesh system. I understand that I may need to switch to the XG2 box, but are there any other changes I would need to make? Thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Mandmdaniels, welcome to our Forums community! Thanks for your question about our Cloud DVR service. One thing to keep in mind is that we aren't able to move your recordings from your current DVR hard drive to the Cloud, so make sure to watch everything on your current DVR before making this switch. The first requirement for Cloud DVR is that you use one of our Panoramic Wifi Gateways. The gateway provides the connection between the cable box and the Cloud DVR. You must subscribe to the Go Even Faster (500 Mbps) or higher tiers of Cox Internet service, and if you don't already have one of the cable boxes compatible with Cloud DVR, we'll need to get you set up with a compatible receiver. So that we can verify the availability of Cloud DVR in your area, please email Cox.Help@cox.com. I hope this information helps you in your decision-making process! 🙂

mandmdaniels
      New Contributor II

So are you saying that Cloud DVR is not supported by my Netgear modem/router?

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

This post may help clear things up. Basically you need a XG2 box. like you mentioned. The question is whether it works with a retail modem or requires a Panoramic gateway. You can use the gateway in bridge mode with your mesh system but it sounds like you want to use your retail combo unit. Maybe Becky can clarify.