Forum Discussion

sherington1
New Contributor
6 days ago

3112 code

We are unable to watch certain channels as this code keeps appearing. We have a Cisco box. The picture also has been pixalating.  I have tried unplugging the box to reset, but it does not fix the problem. 

Oceanside, CA, north San Diego county 

• Hi sherington1, I know how frustrating it is when you are not able to see all your channels. We want to help. feel free to reach out to us through Social Media, either Facebook or X (formerly Twitter CoxHelp). You may also use our Live Online Chat: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  or use the Cox App: https://www.cox.com/residential/learn/cox-app.html  Please include a link to this post, We can helo troubleshoot and schedule a tech to come out if needed. Thanks for being patient, 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

The 3.1.1.2 Service Unavailable error and pixelation are both symptoms of a signal issue.  Contact Cox and schedule a tech visit to check your signal.  If your dropline comes in from a pole, be sure to ask for a tech with a long ladder.  Ask to have your signal checked at the tap (Cox equipment that connects the Cox main line and the dropline to your house).  If there is an issue on Cox's side of the demarc (box on the side of your house that separates Cox equipment from your equipment), you won't be charged for the visit.  To prevent a potential $75 or $100 service fee (in case the issue is on your side of the demarc), you might consider subscribing to Cox Complete Care ($10/month) before scheduling the visit.  You can cancel CCC after 90 days.  If you cancel before then, you'll be charged for any service fees that were waived.  

• Hello, I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!