Forum Discussion

vbnatsfan
New Contributor II
4 years ago

You may be experiencing impacts in your neighborhood.......what?

So, I've noticed Cox Bucket Trucks in the neighborhood the last few days (and sporadic drops in service). Now I get this popup on my account

"We've seen an increase in internet traffic as people have shifted their work and school activities home in response to Coronavirus. You may be experiencing impacts in your neighborhood at certain times of day, and that can be frustrating. Our engineers are working to provide the best possible experience. In the meantime, here are a few things you can do."

COVID has reached its one year anniversary (more or less) -- why is it now a problem? If anything, it should be better, as people start to go back to work/school.

Seems like its just an excuse to cover up something else.

It would be nice to get a more technical description of what is being to to resolve this 'impact"

Also, when will Cox upgrade their antiquated system, so I'm not sharing bandwidth with everyone else on the block?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    In the meantime, here are a few things you can do."

I'm curious what Cox recommends during our "frustration."

"Best possible experience."  Yeah, this is what you'd want to hear.  Will we pay our bill?  Well, we'll try to give Cox our best possible experience.

WishIHadInterne
      New Contributor II

Yep. They want to be paid, but they don’t want to provide the service. If you ask for help they say they can send a technician to see what’s the problem, but that will run you an extra $75. Pay you more to receive the services I am paying for? Makes sense.

• @Vbnatsfan. I'm so glad you contacted us about this ongoing service outage and it's important that we get it fixed. Our techs have been working in the area dealing with multiple service outages and signal issues in your immediate area. At this time, our techs are still working to resolve this ongoing issue. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.

vbnatsfan
      New Contributor II

Allan, thanks for responding. I'd just like to know what is actually going on, new lines, new hubs, bandwidth allocation/expansion, etc. 

"There's an issue, We're fixing it" just leaves so much to be desired. 

vbnatsfan
    New Contributor II

update: Now we have 3 vans parked down the street - have been for an hour or more - don't think I've seen any of the techs move from their little pow wow in the street.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Walk down the street and ask 'em.

Allan
      @Vbnatsfan, I know you've spent a lot of time on this already, and I would be frustrated too. We currently do not have any additional information and it sounds like out techs are still investigating the issue. I appreciate your patience while our techs work to resolve this loss of service. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.