Forum Discussion

Carpenter72
New Contributor
4 years ago

WiFi.Cox.com no longer accessible

Hello less than user friendly business,

Can someone please explain to me why the WiFi.Cox.com site now re directs to Cox.com? I need this site in order to turn on port forwarding. Every time I try to access this site, I get re directed back to here. I’m not going to get into the reasons why I shouldn’t even need this site. Because I should just be able to login to my router and turn on port forwarding that way. Whoops, I guess I did just get into the reasons I shouldn’t need WiFi.Cox.com. Anyway, back to my point. Since you like to make things more difficult, instead of less difficult, and require me to port forward via WiFi.Cox.com. Can you at least please tell me why WiFi.Cox.com is no longer accessible? 

Less than kind regards,

Frustrated customer

4 Replies

Carpenter72
      New Contributor

It’s a panoramic. Would buying a different router allow me to port forward via logging into the router if I still had Cox internet? If so, that’s probably what I’ll end up doing because Cox is trying to get me to sign up for customer complete care for an extra $10 a month. I’d rather put that money towards another router if I’m gonna have to pay just to port forward. 

Carpenter72
        New Contributor

UPDATE: Friday Nov 6th, 8:18pm Arizona time- I was able to access WiFi.Cox.com without it re directing to Cox.com on my iPad. It still redirects on my desktop. I’ll see if this continues.