Forum Discussion

bk_inAZ
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Why would I switch away from COX if there were a viable option

COX did some maintenance in our area about three weeks ago.  I've had to reboot my modem at least once (up to three times) per-day ever since, with the exception of one day.  I chatted with someone on COX to try to find out why (after I had rebooted the modem that day (June 29th).  That person checked the connectivity and told me that it was fine (as I already knew).  I insisted that I wanted to know what happened, and what could be done to fix it.  He suggested that I try rebooting my modem.  I explained that I did it before calling, and it was working; but that I wanted to know what could be done to remedy the situation.  This went on for about 20 minutes.  (I'm an EE, with many years of software development experience.)  I asked for tier-2 support about 10 minutes into the call.  Now- more than two weeks later- nobody has responded.

1. Tech support is a useless waste of time

We had the affordable connectivity program.  With that we'd been paying $30 per-month, off a $60 per-month plan.  When the ACP ended, COX raised our bill to $70.  That is- the $30 credit went away, and they raised our bill by $10.

2. COX is greedy

COX eliminated eMail from their customer accounts, switching to the data-mining Yahoo.  There were no useful instructions for moving servers in an eMail application like T-Bird.  I have fooled around with the settings for over an hour, and assiduously followed the skeletal instructions to configure such software.  It doesn't work, and I don't want to use webmail.  Since there's no technical support (only a time-wasting humanoid interface)- my COX email is dead.  (We have our own hosting company with just about every bit of our eMail, but they and the domain registrars require a backup eMail address.  I might as well have a rowboat with a PO box adrift at sea.

3. COX cuts costs at customer expense- every dollar cut goes right onto their bottom line while consumers pay more in dollars and time.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!