Forum Discussion

aliensnextdoor
New Contributor II
2 months ago
Solved

Yahoo switch: Outlook gets 1 email over & over

After a VERY frustrating 90 minutes, I finally managed to get Outlook 2010 to send and receive test messages after the Cox email migration to Yahoo. And I received a couple of legit email messages this morning.

The problem now is that my email account on Outlook keeps receiving ONE message from right around the time the Cox system force-switched me to Yahoo yesterday. I can't block the contact, because she is one of my business clients. 

Suggestions for how to kick Outlook in its butt to get it to stop? I already had to get rid of Cox as an email server on Outlook and substitute Yahoo. And I don't want to redo that whole thing, lest it mess up my other devices and other computer. 

The issue does not happen on my iPhone's mail app. Nor does it happen on the internet Yahoo app. BUT I like using Outlook for work because of its better search functions and archiving abilities. 

Suggestions? 

CurtB
    2 months ago

Yahoo and/or Microsoft will probably stop that email eventually.  In the meantime, if there's anything unique about it in the message body, you can create a temporary Outlook rule to 'Delete' it with 'From' and 'Message body includes' or "Subject or body includes' conditions.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Check the received time in message source to see if it's the same email or a new copy.  If they have the same received time, it could indicate the same message is in a loop.  Knowing that won't stop the emails, but it could help narrow down where to look for a solution.   Also, if you remain signed in to Outlook, Sign out and back in. 

If the email continues, you may have to find Microsoft contact information and email them.  Send the header message with a description of your issue and ask them to stop that particular email.

aliensnextdoor
      New Contributor II

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. It’s been the same time stamp every time. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Yahoo and/or Microsoft will probably stop that email eventually.  In the meantime, if there's anything unique about it in the message body, you can create a temporary Outlook rule to 'Delete' it with 'From' and 'Message body includes' or "Subject or body includes' conditions.