Forum Discussion

Juangonzalezg26
New Contributor
2 months ago

we shouldnt have to pay for outages

I should get discounted for everytime there is an outage. I shouldn’t have to pay for my internet being out of service for half the day. 

• Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

St8kout
    New Contributor III

If you are getting intermittent service, it can't hurt to find the "Reset My Modem" on Cox's website. I've had a tech on the phone say he reset it on his end and it didn't stop the problem. He told me I need a new modem. On a hunch I found the "Reset My Modem" and clicked it. It solved the problem and I'm still using the same modem I bought from Amazon in 2019. This all happened several months ago.

On a side note, a lot of people on our local Ring channel in Vegas are complaining about all the outages they get, and they all seem to be renting Cox's modem and wifi system. I bought my own modem and wifi and except for what I said above, my service has been reliable. Renting modem and wifi is throwing money away. I paid $60 for my Arris Surfboard modem and $70 for my Asus wifi, and they serve me will year after year.

I should add that I have just the basic Internet Starter 25 plan, which is all I need for streaming 4K Amazon Prime Video all day long. I can't speak to the new 1 Ghz plans and systems.