Forum Discussion

DLabit29
Contributor
4 years ago

Upstream / Upload issues leading to huge ping spikes

I've done everything I can on my end to mitigate the issues im having. 

All new coax in home.

One brand new 2 way splitter for cable modem and TV box (-3.5db)

All connections are firmly tightened and secured.

Docsis 3.1 32x8 (2x2). 

Signal levels all in range

T3 timeouts  on event log.

Cox has tested my lines in home and at the road. They say all it fine.

Cox runs a ping plotter in my area...again, all is fine.

My issue is terribly fluctuating upload speeds and this leads to drastic ping spikes which massively effects my gaming.

Since cox has no idea what they are doing... is there anything I can do to mitigate this? 

I was doing some research and I saw this (image attached).

Would something like this work? Or is there something that I can implement myself that will fix this issue?  

Last i heard from cox, they said my neighborhood has "Intermittent Noise Issues"

Its been this way for years..

Way before Hurricane Laura

Way before Covid 19.

I need a miracle....somebody lol

/resized-image/__size/320x240/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/5/Screenshot_5F00_20200830_2D00_215300_5F00_Chrome.jpg

2 Replies

Dave9
    Contributor III

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to fix an upstream noise problem. The device you posted is something that would be implemented in the cable plant not in your home. Even if you could obtain one it would do you no good whatsoever.

Cox has stated that they're aware of the problem. But you should know that noise on a DOCSIS network can be like a needle in a haystack especially when it's intermittent. It could take them quite a while to identify which device or house is feeding noise on to the line. In the meantime, there's no amount of research you can do or questions you can ask that will help them or help you. All you can do is ask them for a current status of the issue. You've fixed everything on your end. Now it's up to Cox to fix their end. They know what the problem is but finding the source of that problem could be very difficult.

DLabit29
      Contributor

Its been going on for 10 years now. Its not until recently I started really doing some digging.

I don't see it ever getting fixed.  I guess I'll have to move sooner than expected lol