Forum Discussion

VVaz
New Contributor
4 years ago

Upload speeds dip around 3 PM.

Hello - I am beyond annoyed with Cox's service right now. For the past few days, my upload speeds have been dipping around 3 PM. This is a huge problem. With COVID I do everything online, school, talking with friends and family, etc. All of those things require upload speed, and mine is practically nonexistent. 

Usually my upload speed is around 11Mbps. Last night, and tonight, when I tested it has been in between 0.07 and 0.11. This is obviously frustrating.

I tried to call the support number earlier, went through everything with it saying internet speed is hard to help with, just to be hung up on after saying hello.

It doesn't really matter if internet speed is hard to help with, the minimum for my upload speed should be much higher than this. I'm very upset. I've had plenty of problems in the past and if this isn't resolved I will probably look into switching providers.

15 Replies

quasibrain
    New Contributor II

My upload speeds have been around 0.3 Mbps since last week. I've called Cox support and their suggestion is to get another modem. I am really frustrated with the service right now. There is no other high speed internet provider where I live.

No_Up_Speed
      New Contributor II

I have Gigablast internet that is supposed to give me 35mbps up but I'm lucky if I get 5. Been dealing with it for 2 months now.  Like  10 techs or more have come out and no fix.

MichaelJ
      Hi Quasibrain,

Please feel free to reach out to us for assistance. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address. Please include a link to your forums message.

Thank you,

Mike J.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
      VerK
      New Contributor III

I pay for 30mbps UP and rarely get above 4.0mpbs

• I just ran a speed test (17:16) and the upload speed was 10.2 Mbps - which is what my plan specifies. I will check it again at various times tonight and tomorrow earlier in the day.

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @ Waz,

I know how important it is for you to have stable upload speeds. It sounds like we need to investigate these issues further, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    VerK
    New Contributor III

I have the same exact problem! As of the last few month my inter upload speeds have been TERRIBLE! I pay for 300mbps/down and 30mbps/up but rarely see over 4mbps/up. I am sick of it. They always give me the run around and blame my hardware when I have done EVERYTHING imaginable to make sure it is not on my end. 

MaryF
      Former Moderator
      Hi VerK,

We'd be glad to take a closer look into your speed issue. Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name, account holder's name, street address, and details of your issue so we can take a look. Thank you.

Mary
    jazon
    New Contributor III

Switch to fiber if available in your area you get a dedicated line and dont have to share your connection with 200 other people like you do on cable. im about to move to another area that has Fiber 1000Mb up and down with unlimited service and is only $70 a month im paying Cox $120 +$50 for unlimited a month for that and the upload is only 35Mb and there customer service is 100% **.

RyanMaxwell
    New Contributor

Yesterday and today I have experienced the exact same thing. My upload goes from 0.1 Mbps to 0.5 Mbps.  I work from home and these dips make it impossible to work with any files on our network.  I pay for the 150 Mbps down, and "up to" 10 Mbps up, but I feel like it should be more than that.

I chatted with support earlier and they reset my modem (which I had already done) had me reset my router (which I had already done) had me connect directly to the modem with my laptop (which I had already done) and finished the chat by pushing me off to my equipment manufacturer (my modem is less than a year old).

What do I have to do to get an answer on this? Anyone have any luck?

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @RyanMaxwell

There appears to be an open ticket for ingress on the line it was opened on 2/5/21 once this has been resolved it resolve the issue. We currently don't have an ETR I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
      quasibrain
      New Contributor II

The forum is filled with similar stories. No resolutions. I have exchanged emails with the cox. There was a cox technician on my road last week. Whatever he did made a significant improvement in upload speed. But the slow upload speeds returned two days ago. I explain this to the cox people and they respond, "There was some earlier trouble in the area that has since been cleared." So before they cleared that trouble in my area I had poor upload speed. After they "cleared" it I had great upload speed. And they want to send a technician to my house now with of course a $75 service charge if they have to enter my house. It's such a circle jerk the support service. The only option in my area is AT&T's slowest DSL. At this rate that may be a better option.

Curtis
    New Contributor

I've been experiencing the same thing except it's now all hours of the day. I work at home and its almost impossible the do my work.