Forum Discussion

thehofl
New Contributor II
3 months ago
Solved

Uplink Latency/Packet Loss

For over a week, my upload has being timing out 20% - 40% of the time. It’s making it difficult to work, game and stream. I am on the 1gig, copper package and should be getting upwards of 1024/35, but consistently getting 600/1. That 1Mbps uplink is killing me and making my work performance suffer.

My modem and network gear are fine, but the only recommendation is to reboot my modem.

I assume the issue is because fiber is being installed in the neighborhoods around mine.

Are any other Cox customers encountering this issue?

Zip: 85323

• I had a tech come out today. Everything is back to normal. From what I could tell, Cox has been upgrading their systems because so many apartments are being built around me. Also, fiber is now being installed around my subdivision. My issue ended up being an amplifier that was installed 14 years ago. Its band width was much more narrow than what they are pushing now. Once that was removed, I was backup and running. Weird thing is that when they got here all speed tests were showing 10Mbps/0.1Mbps before they touched anything.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    thehofl
    New Contributor II

Do not close this topic, it falls in the guidelines of the forum guidelines.

“… purpose of the Cox forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue.“

Vex
    New Contributor

I'm having similar issues with download primarily, upload is usually fine but spikes enough to render my streaming null and void. Online games are now impossible to play. 

I have a tech coming out tomorrow to look at it. I have a suspicion they'll claim nothing is wrong though even when I've isolated the issue to the service itself. 

Zip: 85024

P.S. 
    Funny the forum mods just love to shut down any sort of conversation that views them in a bad light. 

thehofl
      New Contributor II

I had a tech come out today. Everything is back to normal. From what I could tell, Cox has been upgrading their systems because so many apartments are being built around me. Also, fiber is now being installed around my subdivision. My issue ended up being an amplifier that was installed 14 years ago. Its band width was much more narrow than what they are pushing now. Once that was removed, I was backup and running. Weird thing is that when they got here all speed tests were showing 10Mbps/0.1Mbps before they touched anything.

Vex
        New Contributor

Awesome! That leaves me with some hope for my issue then since we're in the same area(ish).