Forum Discussion

ChasR
New Contributor II
2 years ago

The connection to remote server 127.0.0.2 was refused or timed out while attempting to connect.

This has been happening often.  2 things have changed.  A Cox Panoramic Modem/Router as installed along with my wife's TP-Link wireless router.  I also installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago.  The error does not always occur, but to often.

21 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Are you trying to connect to 127 or is this error just appearing on your Win10 device?

ChasR
      New Contributor II

I am connecting to my e-mail and when I try and do something I get the error.  Sometimes it clears and I can send.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

If you are using your own router, do you have the Panoramic gateway in bridge mode? Also, when do you get the error, when checking Cox Webmail?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Reminds me of this thread that is locked. If OP only gets the error with Cox Webmail there are probably problems with the servers. I would test mine but I don't use cox email. Can anyone test it?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Me thinks it's probably a customized DNS entry on the Win10 device.

ChasR
      New Contributor II

2 COX service men installed the Panoramic and left NO information on it.  I have not idea what Bridge Mode is.  It occurs when I am in COX E-Mail.  After a while it clears.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Does it only occur on the new Windows 10 PC? Also, check your TP-Link router's internet IP address as seen here. Make sure it isn't 192.168.x.x. Not that I think double NAT is causing this problem, but might be causing others.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you have the TP-Link, why the Panoramic?

ChasR
      New Contributor II

The COX modem died.  When the Techs came they informed me I owned it and needed to get the Panoramic to replace it. Because my wife has Wireless to the Tp_link they somehow connected it to the Panoramic and she works fine.  I will be gone this afternoon.  Please keep the suggestions on how to access the COX and Tp-Link as well at the 127.0.0.2 issue coming.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        When the Techs came they informed me I owned it and needed to get the Panoramic to replace it.

You should have replaced it with a stand alone modem found here. How much do you pay per month for the gateway? Sounds like they tricked you, no offense. If you do decide to change to a modem, I suggest the SB8200 or S33.

As for going forward, how do you want to go? If the problem is only with Cox webmail, would you be open to using a email client like Outlook or better yet, Thunderbird? If not, you might try a different browser. Firefox is a good option and runs on a different engine then Chrome/Edge so maybe it might have a effect.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

You should not be trying to connect to 127.0.0.2. It's a loopback interface address, also known as local host. If you have something trying to connect to that address, it could indicate a problem on your computer.