Forum Discussion

hamidtanggo
New Contributor
12 months ago
Solved

Still no internet connection for the last 16hours!

It’s very disappointing, no numbers to call, technician’s availability would be on monday… COX’s saying that no outage in my area but still no internet

22 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Lovemylab
    Contributor III

Could you give us some information to work with? What are you using for a Modem? What are you using for a Router? Can you look at the Modem Connection page and confirm that there is no signal at the modem? 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Ask your neighbors if they have internet, assuming they have Cox. Also, do you have other services with Cox, if so what and are they down too? Any recent storm or construction in your area where your drop(coaxial from pole to house) could have got damaged?

hamidtanggo
      New Contributor

Not so sure neighbors are also using cox, pretty new from this place in Edmond OK  Cox confirmed that there was an issue last night and was resolved today 3hrs ago. The device is blinking orange light, and im only using cox internet. Being an IT guy, i did all troubleshooting steps needed but i believe its the internet signal itself that is not restored. Scheduled for a tech but would be available on monday afternoon though

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Can you share some of the steps you tried? Being a IT guy you must know never to take the user's word for it and want to see the data for yourself. 🙂 Though if the your getting a blinking red light, that would seem to indicate you are getting no signal. Have you tried bypassing any splitters? Do you have a amp? Have you checked your demarc and drop?