Forum Discussion

Geri_Ann
New Contributor III
3 years ago

Spam email that is not spam being returned as "undeliverable"

I am having problems with regular email that lands in my spam folder - it used to be I would just click "not spam" and it would send the email to my regular inbox.  Now it goes to my inbox with an "undeliverable" daemon mailer notice.  Why did this suddenly start happening?  

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Geri Ann,

I am so very sorry to learn of your email troubles and I'd like to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Geri_Ann
      New Contributor III

I reached out to cox.help and got the following reply:

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us and being with us over the years. We really do appreciate your business and sorry to hear about this concern. If still receiving these emails directly into your spam folder after marking them not to be sent there. For additional assistance regarding this. Please forward the entire copy of the affected email as an attachment to thisisnotspam@cox.net. This should help and return future emails from this address back into your inbox. Is there anything else we can assist you with today? -Dan

However, even though I'm forwarding these emails to the email address he gave me, I am still getting emails that are NOT spam in my spam folder, and I click on "not spam" and it goes to my regular folder but shows up with Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender from mailer-daemon@mx-out.cox.rs.oxcs.net.  Until about a week ago, I would click on "not spam" and it would just route that particular email to my regular folder.  I don't understand what the issue is.

yak
    Contributor III

I had this problem. I finally decided to have 100% of my emails go to my Inbox. You can do this in the Settings.  Cox adds the word. "Spam"( in the Subject lIne before the regular Subject)  but at least I can read them.  I have to manually delete the ones that are truly junk; but it only takes a few seconds.

Bette
    New Contributor

You have my sympathy.  About two weeks ago I stopped receiving daily newsletters from a paid subscription service!

Allan
      @Bette, I recommend checking spam/block filters to make sure that the domain and/or the email address is not showing as blocked. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator