Forum Discussion

teissier
New Contributor
3 years ago

Panoramic - MoCA keeps disabling

A few days ago, I installed the "ActionTec" device (see device below) to activate the MoCa feature within the Panoramic device. After installing it, it worked like a charm, however, when I turned it on in the morning to do some work, the "cable" light indicator didn't work. When I checked the Admin page, the settings said it was connected and active, but I didn't see the lights blinking on the ActionTec device. Therefore, I played around with the settings for a few hours, and whale! it worked again, however, after a few hours, it got disabled again (darn). 

I called cox and support, but they merely suggested that I replace the Panoramic as it might be a firmware issue? Huh, really, - i have the latest version and they checked it saying it was good. 

Troublehooting 

Since I had erroneously purchased two "ActionTec" devices, I replaced the original one but that didn't work as well. In short, I've changing, updating and, even resetting my Panoramic settings, but still, the cable light on the "ActionTec" does not light up anymore - Note: I have moved it around different cables and have tested the cable to ensure they're active, but or some reason, still no go.

I'm thinking that perhaps I purchased the "ActionTec" device for 2.g vs the 1.g, but i have no explanation why it worked intermittently.

ScreenBeam (Previously Actiontec) Bonded MoCA 2.5 Network Adapter True 2.5 Gbps Ethernet Port for Ethernet Over Coax (2 Pack) – Fast Streaming, Gaming, Work/Learn from Home (Model: ECB7250K02)

Does COX have a recommendation of Network Adapters that work with MoCA?

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Teissier,

This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator