Forum Discussion

jearbear
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Packet loss/bad connection Rocket League

I took too long to provide information for my last post so it was locked.

I tend to have pretty intermittent packet loss/bad connection/lag in Rocket League and random points of the day. Was great last night and this morning but went bad early afternoon.

Here is an MTR test showing a bad connection to anything after my router. Will take more when the connection gets bad.

Any idea? Weak signal to my modem?

I have gigabit and SB8200. Everything is hardwired.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 | 1243 | 1243 |    1 |    3 |  120 |    2 |

|                              10.177.0.1 -    1 | 1239 | 1238 |    5 |   22 |  351 |   13 |

|                             68.6.14.176 -    1 | 1235 | 1233 |    7 |   23 |  327 |   11 |

|                          100.120.108.30 -    1 | 1235 | 1233 |    7 |   26 |  303 |   31 |

|            langbprj01-ae1.rd.la.cox.net -    1 | 1204 | 1194 |   11 |   35 |  268 |   18 |

|                           68.105.30.138 -    1 | 1235 | 1233 |   12 |   29 |  295 |   19 |

|                          ns2.i3d.global -    1 | 1235 | 1233 |   14 |   28 |  302 |   19 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v1.00 GPLv2 (original by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider)

• Well I had ATT installed yesterday. Night and day difference. Zero lag or latency issues anymore. Latency to the servers is a fairly rock solid 26ms.

62 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Here is the ping plotter for 15 minutes. Completely un usable for games and my usage. I don't have words for how frustrated I am with this. It is my outgoing connection. There is zero packet loss from my PC running ping plotter on WIFI and my PS4 is connected hardwired.

There are more than enough timestamps for you (Cox) to pull logs from the equipment to see what the bottleneck is. It seems like congestion because it doesn't happen all the time. If that's the case please upgrade the infrastructure to support the neighborhood.

I heard murmurs about getting fiber installed from a representative of yours but have seen nothing else regarding it. 

For now I am going to look at using this information to cancel my contract (more than enough evidence to show the connection is not as advertised) and go with another ISP.

In the meantime I will be streaming on Twitch to showcase Cox and the amount of packet loss and lag they have in Rocket League.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @Jearbear, our records show that maintenance has been completed. I have pinged several modems in your area, and I'm not showing any packet loss. However, your modem is still showing intermittent packet loss. I feel it is best to send out another service technician to the home to investigate this further. Can you please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com, so we can schedule a service appointment? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Didn't know maintenance was completed, couldn't tell. Will respond to cox.help but doubt this will be resolved.

Latest ping plotter from tonight, cannot play any online videos tonight as per the usual.

• Finally got the answer that I was looking for from a rep at cox.help. This will not be resolved for some time, if ever.

"I do not think we need to bother with trace routes at this time. I was able to locate a ticket that was submitted for high upstream utilization in your area. These type of tickets may take a good amount of time to correct as it may end up need to have the node split in half to correct the issue. That decision has not been made yet, but typically that ends up happening in these kind of scenarios a lot of the time. We can not give an exact time frame for this kind of fix unfortunately, as there is a lot of back office/permits etc. that need to take place as well before the process even starts."

Rengleif
      New Contributor II

I have the 150mbps and i experience the same issues on and off throughout my time playing RL. I was working with Psyonix on it, but they have done everything they can and I too have a bunch of MTRs to USE and USW servers that show issues.

• Super unusable today. Rented a movie last night and it was always going between SDTV and HDTV quality. No online gaming to be had.

I am also on gigabit and my speeds are dismal. 18mbps down and 17 up. This is making my WFH nearly impossible.

Sigh.