Forum Discussion

W_R_Boswell
New Contributor
5 years ago

Netgear R7000 vs Linksys EA6400

Hi all!

I've picked up a Netgear R7000 that I'd like to install, but it won't provide internet.

Currently(previously), I have a Linksys EA6400 off the Panoramic Cox Modem; It's working fine. But once I do all the Modem rebooting and reconnecting, the R7000 won't give me any internet.

I've logged into the Modem, also reset it to factory settings, and set up Bridge Mode (which is how I had it set for the Linksys Router.) In any event, when I look on the modem, it's showing internet. I've also tested this by connecting directly with a web browser.

Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone knows of an R7000 issue. Or is it just me? I figured that the Router basically doesn't need any setting; You let Cox Cable determine all the settings. But if you know something I'm missing, please educate me. Right now I'm either doing something wrong or have a bad router.

My background: I'm an IT analyst. Networking isn't my main skillset, but I've been fairly capable of installing a home LAN/WAN.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Did you get Internet while directly connected to the modem?  If so, do you get Internet while directly connected to the new router?

W_R_Boswell
      New Contributor

From outlet, to modem, to desktop, I could get and verify internet. Once I went from outlet, to modem, to router, to desktop ...no internet.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

While wired to your router, does the router assign your desktop an IP address?

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig

You could also enter ipconfig /all to ensure DHCP and Autoconfiguration are enabled.