Forum Discussion

Mountainsailor
New Contributor
4 years ago

Netgear CM600 not working with Essential 50 plan...

I just booked the essential 50 internet plan yesterday. And I already had the Netgear cm600 router, but when I try to hook it up, the Cox website says this modem is not supported by Cox internet, then refers to a link to modems they do support, where the cm600 router is listed. It does say the cm600 router works with the Ultimate Classic Plan, which they no longer offer. I did chat with somebody, in their chat box, and they said it should work with any plan below what it's capable of. But weren't much help beyond that when I said their website said it wouldn't work when I hooked it up. 

Any ideas?  If mine just doesn't work, what modems work with the essential 50 plan? I don't want to just keep buying routers till 1 finally works.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just to clarify, the Netgear CM600 is only a modem...no router.

Where did you get this modem?  Did you have it with another ISP?  Have you tried a Factory Default of the modem?

Mountainsailor
      New Contributor

Yeah, I don't know why I kept typing router instead of modem. Long day moving into new apartment yesterday I guess...  I have a Netgear router as well. I used both in my last apartment but we had Optimum.   I did press the factory reset button once, I figured that would clear any Optimum settings off of it.  I'll check the manual and see if I need to hold it down longer for any reason.  I tried quite a few times powering everything down, starting up in order, ect. 

Thanks for the help Bruce. I'll try again tonight, then call them tomorrow.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Any clause or provision in your Rental Agreement concerning Internet service for your apartment?  Perhaps the Manager has experienced renters with this similar problem.

Mountainsailor
      New Contributor

Manual says press reset button for 7 seconds. Did that (and followed all the other steps) and still says modem is not supported by cox internet.  Guess I'm calling tomorrow...